• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Bravojmc

Swapped out the normal parking brake lever for one with a safety lever that you have to press to disengage it. Took a lot longer than expected to install and needed two people, don't know why they didn't just put riv-nuts into the body to make it 100x easier.
Because it's MIl-Spec and they want it to be hard! ;)

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Swapped out the normal parking brake lever for one with a safety lever that you have to press to disengage it. Took a lot longer than expected to install and needed two people, don't know why they didn't just put riv-nuts into the body to make it 100x easier.
One of the first things I did as I bumped that lever a few times installing my radio shelves and even here in flat land below sea level the first time it rolled back in my driveway and thumped my wife's car. No damage but I had the oh wow duh factor moment:shock:

3jacks

Sometimes the little things are just so rewarding. Like a license plate holder (got carried away with cutting fluid when tapping the holes for the bracket that holds the plate holder) rear view mirror and a little more light. Going to remake the wire harness for the lights...my first harness and it showed.

Attachments

shawnshumvee

Sometimes the little things are just so rewarding. Like a license plate holder (got carried away with cutting fluid when tapping the holes for the bracket that holds the plate holder) rear view mirror and a little more light. Going to remake the wire harness for the lights...my first harness and it showed.
Love the rear view mirror. Got more pics of it? I want to copy it!

Last edited:

shawnshumvee

Rugged Ridge 11020.01 Rear View Mirror on amazon for $10. Perfect mount location (high) and not on the windshield and it sits above the wiper knob.
Got it! I was thinking about upgrading my wiper motor to the other style that mounts horizontally because i didn't think i had the room but i see now. Thanks

shawnshumvee

I Just ordered one, free shipping too. Amazon is getting so much better than Epay nowadays! I checked on ePAY, the Same mirror $10.00 but you have to pay shipping so its basically a $20.00 bill when its all said and done.
Nevertheless, thanks again.

Jakob1944

That's how I drove mine home from the seller's lot: 42 miles of Beltway/interstate, passed two Maryland State Police cars (off to the side ticketing someone) en route. No plates, not registered to me, just a bill of sale. Son in his car behind me every inch of the way as sort of a "shield" from inquiring eyes. Got my plates a week later. Things like that I did at 16 (driving a car without a license for a couple of years as a kid in Florida) I don't often do at 60. But it sure gets the adrenalin and testosterone flowing, doesn't it?

Yee Haa !

ohiohmmwv

Is it a simple swap otherwise? One fits in place of the other just fine?

fpchief

I got my M998 Home today. No idea how to post a pic when not using the Mobile app. Tan, two door. Will be making it a 4 door. My only real question is wether to keep it tan or go camo. Painted two deuces and a 5 ton so not worried about the work, just trying to decide on color. It is a good runner, will be going through the stickies and try to figure out where to start on making it mine.

Bravojmc

I got my M998 Home today. No idea how to post a pic when not using the Mobile app. Tan, two door. Will be making it a 4 door. My only real question is wether to keep it tan or go camo. Painted two deuces and a 5 ton so not worried about the work, just trying to decide on color. It is a good runner, will be going through the stickies and try to figure out where to start on making it mine.
I love my solid green BUT its HOT! When I get a second truck it WILL BE TAN!

fpchief

I love my solid green BUT its HOT! When I get a second truck it WILL BE TAN!
Maybe i can use that and say "My next one will be CAMO!!" Gotta have two right?? I was ok with going camo until i got looking at the tan inside the engine compartment and saw most of that was tan also. that will turn into work in a hurry. Was expecting it to all be black in there.

Bravojmc

Maybe i can use that and say "My next one will be CAMO!!" Gotta have two right?? I was ok with going camo until i got looking at the tan inside the engine compartment and saw most of that was tan also. that will turn into work in a hurry. Was expecting it to all be black in there.
Lol good thinking! A solid tan truck is good looking! Everyone needs two or.... Well my next will be my third I've owned! ;)

desmodromic

Congrats on the new Humvee. I have a bunch of camo and want tan. I think It is a completely defensible position to have three, at a bare minimum: camo, solid green, tan. At least until you start getting into all the variants: 2 man, slantback, ambulance, GMV . . . I may have a problem. ;)

fpchief

Congrats on the new Humvee. I have a bunch of camo and want tan. I think It is a completely defensible position to have three, at a bare minimum: camo, solid green, tan. At least until you start getting into all the variants: 2 man, slantback, ambulance, GMV . . . I may have a problem. ;)
Yea, you may suffer from the MV addiction so often spoken of here. Maybe we need to get a SS shrink on board. But I like your thought process.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks