• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

infidel got me

I'm guessing there's clearance with the hood raised. That's a beefy bumper for sure
Yes, hood will clear when raised. My cracker jack phone takes crayon pictures. This thing is really bad a@@ in person. He is a

welder/fabricator by trade, everything has gussets and is boxed. Welds are so pretty I started to tear up

Another Ahab

Yes, hood will clear when raised. My cracker jack phone takes crayon pictures. This thing is really bad a@@ in person. He is a

welder/fabricator by trade, everything has gussets and is boxed. Welds are so pretty I started to tear up

Here, use some of my tissues. I don't need 'em all.

A beautiful weld will do that to you, every time....

abc.png

infidel got me

box.jpg Got this job box at a surplus store in Orlando about 4 years ago for 20 bucks. I kept my 1 inch air gun and 5 ton stuff in it. I made some more bench space and repurposed it. Screwed it to the deck and mounted my fuel cans to it. I do have the other fuel cap-- I touched it up

Last edited:

General Hood

View attachment 688811 Got this job box at a surplus store in Orlando about 4 years ago for 20 bucks. I kept my 1 inch air gun and 5 ton stuff in it. I made some more bench space and repurposed it. Screwed it to the deck and mounted my fuel cans to it. I do have the other fuel cap-- I touched it up
Looks like it was meant to be. Stacks up nicely behind that partition divider you installed

hangarhermit

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Inventoried new fording kit, repaired end connector of 25 ft slave cable, and acquired two high back seats along with the rear seat bulkheads and bottom and back cushions. Anything I could do while working in or near A/C. I need to start following the Red Dot threads. That is going to be a priority.

NormB

IMG_0393.jpg

This. Cutout yesterday, painted last night, cut out stencil last night, painted this AM.

Wife says "why?"

Well, it's like the one here in the PS magazine cartoon. Did I really need the lettering? Well, it's on the drawing.

Obsessions. I'd never question her devotion to her pets. Or the kids.

But we're watching a Nicolas Cage flick (Knowing) together - how can I fault her?

Also changed the 3/4ID heater hose 'tween crossover pipe and water pump.

Meant to do it when I changed coolant and hoses months ago... seemed like a real PITA, I'd get to it eventually.

Then I noticed a small patch of fresh oil under the truck. After an oil change. I missed the filler a bit. But I'd wipe it off and it'd come back. Pretty weird. Fresh oil starts looking blackish pretty fast in this engine. Then the other day I noticed a LOT more, a patch about 3" wide on garage floor. Felt funny, smelled weirder, tasted awful.

Antifreeze.

Yep, hose was leaking.

Board would've made more sense to have made six-eight months ago. But I've always been pretty limber, yoga in my youth, first through obstacle courses all through enlisted and officer's basic, advanced course, leaning on crossover pipe, like doing pushups, generator bracket, one toe on the washer bottle platform... yeah, woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Pretty easy to make, but measurements don't work, gotta mark up to match your own.

Next time.

Wire Fox

View attachment 689104

This. Cutout yesterday, painted last night, cut out stencil last night, painted this AM.

Wife says "why?"

Well, it's like the one here in the PS magazine cartoon. Did I really need the lettering? Well, it's on the drawing.

Obsessions. I'd never question her devotion to her pets. Or the kids.

But we're watching a Nicolas Cage flick (Knowing) together - how can I fault her?

Also changed the 3/4ID heater hose 'tween crossover pipe and water pump.

Meant to do it when I changed coolant and hoses months ago... seemed like a real PITA, I'd get to it eventually.

Then I noticed a small patch of fresh oil under the truck. After an oil change. I missed the filler a bit. But I'd wipe it off and it'd come back. Pretty weird. Fresh oil starts looking blackish pretty fast in this engine. Then the other day I noticed a LOT more, a patch about 3" wide on garage floor. Felt funny, smelled weirder, tasted awful.

Antifreeze.

Yep, hose was leaking.

Board would've made more sense to have made six-eight months ago. But I've always been pretty limber, yoga in my youth, first through obstacle courses all through enlisted and officer's basic, advanced course, leaning on crossover pipe, like doing pushups, generator bracket, one toe on the washer bottle platform... yeah, woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Pretty easy to make, but measurements don't work, gotta mark up to match your own.

Next time.
Took me a little while to find this... The write-up is in PS 519 (Feb 1996), page 28. I found it in the "HMMWV Quick Reference Guide, Third Edition" Thanks for sharing images of your build of it. I might throw one together myself.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks