• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

ryanruck

General Hood

Nothing exiting to report: Performed a radiator / cooling system cleanse, changed out the radiator and heater hoses ( that short one is a PITA) and filled with new coolant /water mix. A man just feels better knowing none of those new components should fail him in the next several years

Bravojmc

Nothing exiting to report: Performed a radiator / cooling system cleanse, changed out the radiator and heater hoses ( that short one is a PITA) and filled with new coolant /water mix. A man just feels better knowing none of those new components should fail him in the next several years
How much crap came out when you flushed the system?

Wanted to show you guys what I thought up for the dome light when I don't want to light up like day. The wiring is ran through the B pillar and ran to the brightest dem on my service drive, so I can switch it on without running an extra switch.
IMG_8338.jpg

Last edited:

General Hood

Wanted to show you guys what I thought up for the dome light when I don't want to light up like day. The wiring is ran through the B pillar and ran to the brightest dem on my service drive, so I can switch it on without running an extra switch.
View attachment 690998
There really want much crud in the cooling system, a welcome surprise. With no way of knowing when the last service took place, better to be safe than sorry. Good idea on the dome light :goodjob:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Also flush heater core at same time. Mine had a good amount of crud and more came out when I removed heater hose and back flushed.

kzeyus

1454 (Large).jpgturbo1 (Large).jpgturbo3 (Large).jpgturbodog3 (Large).jpg

Replaced std doghouse with turbo doghouse, added foot extensions to radio tray to fit turbo doghouse, and added a pair of fans. Plan is to fit a couple extra layers of Dynamat in turbo doghouse and see if it quiets things down any.

Last edited:

ari

I made a new sound system out of 6 inch pvc pipe and used a swiveling marine grade radio housing to house the radio. its really **** loud I can actually hear it over the truck going 60mph :cool: . IMAG0817.jpgIMAG0810.jpgIMAG0814.jpg

kzeyus

I like the helmet top. No compartments in this one and working on adding ply inside with mounting points for equipment on sides and roof

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks