• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

85 USMC M998

Just had a few minutes so I finally decided where to put my backup/area light. I know it is not MIL SPEC but something that I can easily remove and restore to original as I used existing holes. I picked up the light on A**zon. Now I have to run the wire and install the backup switch. I saved the fun for last .

3jacks

Cooling system day:
right bucket is as drained
middle bucket is after 45min of system cleaner and water
3rd bucket is first flush of water only (10 min run time)
gallon jug is the second flush water only. Then I ran water thru the radiator only with lower hose removed.

Now I have 14 gallons or so of gunky coolant to take the recycling center...don't know if they will take this much!
Then installed Joe's water cross over system.
good hmmwv weekend.

Attachments

ari

That's pretty crazy (in a good way).

Where did you come up with that idea?
I was looking at this but its to big to sit nicely on the radio table PLATV520.jpg and I really wanted this but I couldent justify the $500+ price EBA-WET-STEALTH-6.jpg . So I figured I could make something that would work. I made it easily removable too so I can throw it in anything that needs tunes in it.

Bravojmc

Thought I'd show you guys this military switch guard I found.. They fit
the heater control switch perfectly:IMG_8366.jpg
Also the dome light at night. I'll get a better picture of it lighting up the interior when the porch light isn't shinning thru my windshield.
IMG_8364.jpgIMG_8338.jpg

Last edited:

NormB

Thought I'd show you guys this military switch guard I found.. They fit
the heater control switch perfectly:View attachment 691664
Where in the HECK did you find one of those?

I just spent a few minutes browsing amazon, epay and Grainger looking for it without any luck.

I'm a real stickler for superfluous detail like that and I WANT one.

edit: searched for "toggle switch switch guard" and clicked on images.

Bingo!

Last edited:

Mario

What's a good source/option for the inside fans? I saw some for 70 or so bucks and was hoping to get some a bit cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

fpchief

Prepping for camo!! I just ordered a bunch of small parts from the fine folks at Kascar and the fording kit came in today from Military Parts Center in Augusta.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

fpchief

I used the compressor/sprayer on my deuces and swore to myself i would attempt something easier next time. I hate the mixing and cleanup. Going with an electric HVLP with BEHR paint.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks