• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

shawnshumvee

I guess he attempted to adjust the toe in and the adjustors ( radius Rod) was maxed it wouldn't allow him to get any more adjustment. He also said they will have to be replaced with shorter ones or remove the adjusters from the sleeve and cut about a 1/4" off of each adjuster so he can get more adjustment[/QUOTE] out of them to bring the tow back in line. He also said that its going to really destroy my tires.

Last edited:

hmcs95

Hello from Texas,

I'm new to this forum and have a question. Where the sling and tie down data plate, P/N 12340321 should be mounted? Please help, thanks.

General Hood

Oh, I see. Thank you, sir!
A little cosmetic and a little mechanical done today. Oil & filter change / air filter change - no telling when Uncle Sam last serviced it. There was no date marked on the filter as typically seen.
The 2 mirror plastic frames were heavily bleached from the sun, removed and repainted with the Behr version of green carc. Tomorrow, if time allows, I will tackle the stuck fan clutch

fpchief

I had my wife go all around the M998 putting pieces of tape anywhere she saw a spot missed from base coat. Touched all those up, started putting some.of the interior back together.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter

3jacks

That is very close to retail from what I have seen some listed for. No demand for 345 at one time, unless being exported as a lot. Lot of $ tied up but hey, someone has a plan I hope....
gotta spend it to make it...if I had $10k in scratch doing nothing...and willing to sit on it for a few years, why not. I applaud the guy. Capitalism is a beautiful thing.

Mario

Please confirm my numbers for adding 2 cycle oil.
'Correct' ratio is 200:1.
Our tanks are 25 gal, which calculates to 16 oz. per full tank, right?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ryanruck

Please confirm my numbers for adding 2 cycle oil.
'Correct' ratio is 200:1.
Our tanks are 25 gal, which calculates to 16 oz. per full tank, right?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I've always put a quart per tank. Per that lubricity additive test at DieselPlace which gives ratios, I guess I'm adding too much but, I've never had any issues.

riderdan

Another electrical project almost done...

apc-light-installed2.jpg

apc-light-installed1.jpg

This is some sort of APC light--originally with a broken blue lens. It's NBC hardened (rubber seals at every point) and has adjustable brightness. It looked pretty good so I thought I'd throw it up there, even though it's not strictly what we used for light way back when (right-angle flashlights with the red lens, mounted on the velcro top straps, mostly)

I replaced the lens with acrylic I bent with a heat gun until it fit, then bought a piece of tail light lens replacement film (actually thick plastic) and put it over the acrylic. The waterproof connector was of a type I didn't have a cable for, so I drilled it out for direct wiring. I'm not prepping for an NBC attack, after all. :p Then I closed it back up.

It's got a huge rheostat inside, so for the moment I've got a 12v lamp in it with the knob turned about halfway. It's a good amount of light and I'm pleased with how it came out. Need to get the rest of the screws in and paint them.

Last edited:

Cobra38

That is very close to retail from what I have seen some listed for. No demand for 345 at one time, unless being exported as a lot. Lot of $ tied up but hey, someone has a plan I hope....
The best price I can find is about $180. He got those for $25.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks