• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

charlietango

52987419130__F27D87D8-2872-4478-AD36-728D0774D9EB.jpg

Installed a new EESS / TSU yesterday and figured out why my washer fluid kept sneaking away. Yes that’s my kitchen sink. No it’s not repairable.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 704459

Installed a new EESS / TSU yesterday and figured out why my washer fluid kept sneaking away. Yes that’s my kitchen sink. No it’s not repairable.
If the pump is the problem, In my thread "Juan's M998" is the specs I used a 24v Wagner Asian pump $7 epay. It beats the oe price for a blue water squirter......This is not mission critical stuff :)

charlietango

If the pump is the problem, In my thread "Juan's M998" is the specs I used a 24v Wagner Asian pump $7 epay. It beats the oe price for a blue water squirter......This is not mission critical stuff :)
Already ordered an OEM replacement complete bottle/pump unit. If it lasts several years like the one I yanked I’m happy. I won’t be running the corrosive/methanol garbage in it - I make my own blue fluid. I like to support American and Canadian when I can

charlietango

Did you have to use a Canadian passport to get the EESS

McReddy
I did! Most of you won’t ship to Canukistan lol. I live close to the border. It’s easier to use my US address - usually cheaper because international shipping is ridiculous

“How long were you in the United States for?” 10 min “what were you doing?” Picking up parts - US made parts NAFTA and freedom parts “declared value of nafta and freedom parts” $300USD “Okay sir come inside with this slip and pay the fluffy unicorn taxes on your goods” do you want to see them? “Nope”

Copy that

Last edited:

charlietango

Hahahaha

Seriously though I put up want ads and someone offered it to me for $300 but I believe they range in price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryanruck

I’ve seen them listed for WAY more in my google searches. I’m grateful for the members at large who are doing this. BZ to them! I send good karma your way
+1 to this! Folks like 86humv and others that are getting parts to the MV community at reasonable prices when they could be selling on places like eBay for a lot more in some cases are definite assets to the community!
:beer:

ExFlyBoy

Just finished up a coolant flush, now arm wrestling this freeze plug so I can put in a block heater........
So far the plug is winning......

NormB

Just finished up a coolant flush, now arm wrestling this freeze plug so I can put in a block heater........
So far the plug is winning......
There are tricks to getting freeze plugs out - I don’t know them or I’d have put a block heater in already.

My brother was a jack of all trades, welder/mechanic among them. I watched him pull drain plugs by welding a bolt to the center and use a slide hammer - expedient if you don’t have an actual freeze plug remover set.

$73 or so on amazon.com. I imagine you can rent them from NAPA or Autozone or someplace.

Thanks for posting, now that I’ve read it and thought this through, I know how to get this done.

Which block heater did you buy?

-Norm

ExFlyBoy

There are tricks to getting freeze plugs out - I don’t know them or I’d have put a block heater in already.

My brother was a jack of all trades, welder/mechanic among them. I watched him pull drain plugs by welding a bolt to the center and use a slide hammer - expedient if you don’t have an actual freeze plug remover set.

$73 or so on amazon.com. I imagine you can rent them from NAPA or Autozone or someplace.

Thanks for posting, now that I’ve read it and thought this through, I know how to get this done.

Which block heater did you buy?

-Norm
HFM fits 82-93 6.2L $54.00

charlietango

Yes the tool is definitely an asset! Lots of places to borrow it. Save hours of beating, prying, swearing, bleeding

ExFlyBoy

Finally. Just buttoned her up. No leaks, and running a lot cooler with the flush..... and with the block heater in and cooler temps coming, I should be good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks