• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

twisted60

Got my order from Kascar today, did not expect it but hey, I'm happy. So installed the doghouse latch and the spring clip for holding the top of the doghouse. It might be just me but a well fitting doghouse did seam to lower the noise level.

IMG_1736.jpgIMG_1737.jpg

Also removed all glow plugs and tested them, had 4 dead glow plugs, replace dead ones with new glow plugs, anti seize on all GP's, reinstalled, torqued and she fired right up. New glow plugs tested at 1.4 ohms, good glow plugs reused were also at 1.4 ohms, rejected glow plugs were over 200 ohms on my meter. Torque setting was 13 inch pounds.

FKAM

Finished the front winch install
DSC00724post.jpg DSC00712post.jpg

Put the control plug in a more protected spot temporarily until I figure out where I want it. Didn't like the place the TM's say to put it. Too exposed to tire debris and too close to the teardrop tie down/anchor point. But you know what they say, nothing so permanent as a temporary fix.
DSC00727post.jpg

Upgraded the front tiedowns
DSC00726post.jpg

Need to modify the brush guard Mounts next so I can remount it.

Awol

What have I done to my humvee today? I’m having seller’s remorse...I sold it:
Well, the good news is that these trucks are becoming more and more available as time goes on. If you want to replace it, it shouldn't be too hard.

3jacks

Well, the good news is that these trucks are becoming more and more available as time goes on. If you want to replace it, it shouldn't be too hard.
Already started looking again and the good news...I gave the buyer this site to go to for good advice. I did a pretty hefty restoration of my first rig. Lessons learned will make the second much smoother. I appreciate all the guys here who are willing to help new owners of these rigs. Quite invaluable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks