• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

MIDDLEMAN

Yes...very nice use of space, maybe a drop in cup holder on top of the lower surface. I also have a question if anybody might have a answer? Replaced the seals on the front differential. found the torque specs for eveything except the pinion shaft yoke lock nut. Torque or procedure???

Action

Yes...very nice use of space, maybe a drop in cup holder on top of the lower surface. I also have a question if anybody might have a answer? Replaced the seals on the front differential. found the torque specs for eveything except the pinion shaft yoke lock nut. Torque or procedure???
The pinion nut is a bit more complicated than just torque it down. There is a crush sleeve inside and there are close tolerances. The torque resistance (or something like that) needs to be measured before the nut is removed. The specifics are in the books. Look for diff input yoke replacement section.

kzeyus

In process of doing this. A diagram of plumbing and any other info you can provide would be most helpful. Thx

Got my front and rear hydraulic winches working. There was a problem turned out I need to add two shut off valves and turn the valve off for the one not in use. Of course mile marker said HMMWV's only have front or rear winches not both so it took a minute to figure out how to make it work.
View attachment 717150View attachment 717151View attachment 717152

dhaumann69166

Put a new input seal on the front right geared hub. First time I have ever messed with the geared hubs but it’s simple. Took just over an hour including tool clean up and filling it with oil. I made sure to spin the hub a few times while filling it with oil to get all the air bubbles out of the gears. Previous owner drove it a lot in deep water ford and I think that had a lot to do with the seal failing.
Also put a new 3 lever light switch in and now all my lights work. The switch before this one was also brand new but the brake lights and dash lights wouldn’t work.
Finished my interior insulation and just waiting for the Durabak 18 to arrive so I can do the inside and out. Staying white outside and white and gray inside. Trying to decide if I want black or lime green accents on the outside (hood grill, lift hooks, light housings, gas cap and stuff like that). What do you guys think? White and black or white and lime green? I did my 72 Scout II white and green and loved it but the wife keeps saying not everyone likes that color as much as me lol. Here is the Scout that is the inspiration for green and the humvee that’s getting painted
AED56026-7F15-43CE-9AB4-827E90C77AE2.jpgD61BB5B5-73C6-486A-AD5B-FFE7AB21C2B0.jpg

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

FFesco

I like it. I like it a lot.
Is this a kit or did you literally fab it yourself?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Fabricated myself, got a shop in Staten Island New York. Started working on a friends, now I’ve got a few of my own. Thank you!

Here’s another hard top I’ve done recently

I hope to fabricate these things all day long!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mario

Fabricated myself, got a shop in Staten Island New York. Started working on a friends, now I’ve got a few of my own. Thank you!

Here’s another hard top I’ve done recently

I hope to fabricate these things all day long!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wish I still lived in SI, I would so ask you to fab me a set.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks