• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

twisted60

Location 33458 (Florida) What kind of prices are you looking at ? I hope to convert my 2 door into a 4 door eventually, Maybe start with just the front doors.

FFesco

Location 33458 (Florida) What kind of prices are you looking at ? I hope to convert my 2 door into a 4 door eventually, Maybe start with just the front doors.
It’s difficult to give you a number without seeing your truck. Plus, I’d like to do it here at my shop so that it’s done right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rmtaunton

It was drained and had sludge in tank, and had some wierd starter issues, new fuel filter , lots of fluids etc

It also has windshield visors and pioneer rack I was happy to find

Awol

Congrats on getting it running! It'll be cruising the streets in no time!

Wild Thing!

FFesco

Dropped the gas tank because I was losing pressure and had a leak. Replaced the lines and clamps, tank was pretty clean overall. Replaced the fuel pump ($40) as well and brand new starter ($450 ouch!).

While up on the lift, found out the inner/outer tie rod on front right is shot. Any recommendations on where to buy?

suzukovich

I had to replace my injector and fuel pumps due to contaminated fuel(Water)and drain the fuel tank. I had bought a used injector pump DB2831-5079 which had come from a Uparmored M1151. At first I thought it was wrong until found Standyne Message from 2009 stating this was an authorized pump for the 6.5. Better yet truck now runs 100% better and improved gas mileage, than it did with the detuned pump that was originally installed below is from the message

Stanadyne Corporation
92 Deerfield Road, Windsor, CT 06095, U.S.A. Tel: (860) 525-0821; Fax: (860) 683-4581; www.stanadyne.com
DATE: July 10, 2009 NO: 119R8
PARTS BULLETIN
The pump models, applications and supersession information for General Motors
(GM) 6.2L & 6.5L engines from 1982 to 2000 and General Engine Products (GEP)
6.5L engines from 2000 to present are identified in this bulletin. If a pump model
listed does not display any supersession information, it is considered the latest
pump model for that application.

Technical Support Group
Product Support Department
SUPERSEDES: P.B. 119R7 dated April 01, 2009
TO: CENTRAL DISTRIBUTORS & SERVICE DEALERS — WORLDWIDE
SUBJECT: 6.2L & 6.5L ENGINE APPLICATION AND SUPERSESSION
INFORMATION
//cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a80398acd649/119.pdf

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

florky

Decided to clean up my yard of old parts and make some 4 man dividers. Made from 2 man dividers cut down and rewelded. Side brace are made from troop seat bottom supports. Dividers fit nicely after sanding down the original welds on the corners and gussets.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dock Rocker

This week it’s been hack new parts up week.

On my last truck I used the Those Military Guys upper console. It was nice but the construction left a lot to be desired. It was pretty flimsy and the welds were terrible on the tabs that hold it to the A pillar. I figured there had to be a better (and cheaper) way.

I am not proud of it but I am a recovering jeep guy. I had an upper console left over for a past TJ project so I decided to see if I could make it work. This is a Smittybuilt overhead console I believe.

It took about 10 different cuts and test fits but I think It worked out well.

I had to hack the front of the bracket significantly in order to clear the wiper motor. The rear attaches with large radiator clamps so that was an easy attachment.

Once I got it fitted I got the molly cover on it and got my CB and Amp mounted. I still have a few things to stick up there like a light and charger and a molly bag or two.

I still have some significant wiring to do but so far its MUCH more sturdy Thant the TMG setup and I like the molly webbing.

2wheels70

Installed my treadworthy mud dog tires and 24 bolt wheels with the trail ready Fab bead locks
They're good so far nice for tossin mud
Fixed my cracked heater vent tubes now my heater cranks fairly well
Fixed the crappy wiper connection because I found it was bad after the aforementioned mud fest..you know when I needed them
Finally checked my mileage,it's about 11.5-12 which is great but has me wondering if she's lean or I'm just lucky
No odd noises high temps or anything else adverse on that yet
I drive mine 60+ miles daily round trip
Honestly I'm either a glutton for old school type vehicle punishment or I just love basic vehicles but I really enjoy this thing

jkcondrey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got all the wiring in for my reverse lights, added the switch and bolted on the lights. Work great. Tore apart my spare wheel to replace the oring and stem. That is next.

NormB

Removed shifter and implanted the backup light switch. Reassembled and tested circuits, now to plug in a backup light warning light (I'm going to use a 24v LED in a 1/4" hole drilled in the middle of the instrument cluster somehow, right above the speedometer), fuse, rewire the backup lights with milspec 18g wire (maybe 16, I use "wiresizer" app for calculations). I'll post a picture when I get around to it/finish the job.

shawnshumvee

I have built a wooden weapons case to go in the back for the Humvee to house my M16A1 rifles when traveling to events and so on, but I need a little help. I want to add some painted stencils to the crate and i need some input regarding what to put on the box.I have already done some custom lettering so far but i would like to add some real markings also, but i can't find an image of how M16's where boxed?
any Help would be helpful.
Thank you in advance.

IMG_6954.jpgIMG_6955.jpgIMG_6960.jpgIMG_6962.jpgIMG_6963.jpgIMG_6964.jpgIMG_6965.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks