• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

90Jimmy

Picked up my 998 from the guys at Midwest Military Equipment today, they did a great job with my 700R4 conversion, and all the other stuff they lined out for me. The last minute addition of the Wet Sounds Sub and Sound Bar was greatly appreciated....First Class Outfit over there in Missouri.

rcamacho

Picked up my 998 from the guys at Midwest Military Equipment today, they did a great job with my 700R4 conversion, and all the other stuff they lined out for me. The last minute addition of the Wet Sounds Sub and Sound Bar was greatly appreciated....First Class Outfit over there in Missouri.
All ears on 700R durability....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

90Jimmy

I will report back after I put some miles on the swap....short drive tonight, I am already enjoying the noise reduction. I'll keep everyone interested up to date with any issues.

therooster2001

nopics

90Jimmy

8C62CDFA-F637-4DFB-8F8A-13265BCFDF54.jpg2C2B8B1D-CDE1-465F-B091-7AAD4CD4E6DE.jpg1EBB32CD-1FC3-47D6-A226-58978869EC61.jpgThey were able to make it all work with the 4L80 shifter, and set me up with a couple charging ports, USB and Cig type. The Wet Sounds Bar with Sub is way more capable than I’ll have it turned up.

Last edited:

rcamacho

therooster2001

Watch for water leaks under the A pillar near your cig outlets. I’ve seen the panel glue leak there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That a great spot rcamacho, I'll second this one. My only "leak" actually comes down the soft top channel, then down onto the pillar, around it, onto where the windshield meets, and then into this spot. It's not a lot, but could ruin some electronics. My leak is probably a job for a light unobtrusive bead of silicone to keep it outside. Test it out!

Gear Report

Got the seized engine unseized and able to spin with the starter. Going to spray out the bottom with brake cleaner to clean all the trash out then some penetrating oil then put the oil pan back on, fillwith oil, new glow plugs, engine belt, and attempt to start this puppy.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
In a hurry...I would make sure the cylinders are clear of any fluids. Keep the glow plugs out ?? After a good clean up, all back together, full of oil and a little in the cylinders, Spin it up a few more times and see if you get oil pressure. (plugs still out) Might be a good time to run a compression test too. Last I read injector pump sounded like it too took a swim too. Hows the PCB. Has in been drained of water? Double check that system for proper on / off cycle times or could be a waste of plugs. Fuel system... did somebody say fuel system? I have my fingers crossed on this first time start.

Ready,set, it's kind of a crap shoot, stand back and contact!! Good luck,

CAMO

Last edited:

Wire Fox

Went to a company holiday party with my wife, met an old friend I hadn't expected to ever see again (but had shared stories of with my wife prior to tonight), and ended up winning a new sound system for my HMMWV. Great night!

For the record, the speaker I won was a waterproof Bluetooth JBL Charge 3. Big battery, waterproof, and loud enough to beat engine noise. Fortunately, this thing also sounds great.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Gear Report

In a hurry...I would make sure the cylinders are clear of any fluids. Keep the glow plugs out ?? After a good clean up, all back together, full of oil and a little in the cylinders, Spin it up a few more times and see if you get oil pressure. (plugs still out) Might be a good time to run a compression test too. Last I read injector pump sounded like it too took a swim too. Hows the PCB. Has in been drained of water? Double check that system for proper on / off cycle times or could be a waste of plugs. Fuel system... did somebody fuel system? I have my fingers crossed on this first time start.Ready,set, it's kind of a crap shoot, stand back and contact!! Good luck,
CAMO
Thanks. Neither the IP or the truck were under water. The USMC left the intake uncovered while it was parked in long-term storage for years. So, it filled the engine with a few gallons of water. The throttle control on the IP is stiff. I'm hoping it is just some congealed fuel in it that will work its way out once fuel is flowing again.
Here is the list of what has been done so far... https://gear-report.com/p/6cb

JoeJrTheBarber

Got the Slantback top and modified "Rear Window" installed on my M998.
Once its done and back in my possession I will start a build thread to let the questions fly...
Truck2.jpgBack .jpg

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the Slantback top and modified "Rear Window" installed on my M998.
Once its done and back in my possession I will start a build thread to let the questions fly...
View attachment 749786View attachment 749787
"Modified slantback", looks like it had a little trim off the back? In "barber talk," that is.

I like the way that looks!

Perhaps a window cut into back, or are you gonna use a rear view camera?

JoeJrTheBarber

"Modified slantback", looks like it had a little trim off the back? In "barber talk," that is.

I like the way that looks!

Perhaps a window cut into back, or are you gonna use a rear view camera?
The top itself was bought offa slantback being parted out. My stock soft top B and C pillars had to be pretty heavily modified for the top to fit.
Its now seam sealed and welded so it aint going nowhere !

No plans to cut a window in the back wall. Love how industrial and , well, military it looks especially when I re-camo it to match the rest of the truck.
And yes I have a front and rear camera system to help park this thing on the mean streets of Chicago.

twisted60

Went to a Pearl Harbor remembrance day, had 3 WW2 Vets there who were at Pearl Harbor on the day.
There were 12 MV's there, I know my Humvee is not time period appropriate but it's the thought that counts.
IMG_4122.jpg
Also gave her a fresh rattle can paint job... I plan on giving her a real paint job soon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks