• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I mounted my Jerry can in my cargo bed on the left front fender wall. I used stainless carriage bolts and wing nuts (the wing nuts are therefore in the outer fender well ). It does block cargo sometimes, but the wing nuts mean if it really bugs me I can zing off the nuts and pull the frame and can off and put them out of the way. Only improvement I would/should make is to weld the bolts on so that I can remove the wing nuts and pull everything without dealing with the bolts falling out, as they do today.
BDGR

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Wire Fox

When in 2 man configuration I keep a scepter can or two in the rear passenger footwell area that is covered.
Only place I can think to mount a fuel can holder if you are a soft top would be against the cargo divider in the center. You lose a little cargo space, but it doesn't interfere with anything there.
With the seat boxes out, this is an official stowage point for water and fuel cans. You can carry a total of four 20L containers, secured down with footman loops and retained straps. Check the loading plan for a "Prime Mover" configuration, used to move Howitzers.

Wire Fox

Hmm, my wife has told me that the garage stuff in the house has got to go. I told her the garage is full. When she asked with what, I said uninstalled parts for the HMMWV. She then asked me, "Well, why haven't you finished that yet?" After silently gesturing to just about everything else around the house, she laughed and said it's about time for me to start working on that again.

So it seems it has come time for me to re-acquaint myself with the way I left everything and get back to business. If I recall correctly, I had a wiring harness to inspect and find an error in, a transmission computer to swap, a transmission to re-mount, an exhaust to re-seal and mount, and a whole giant heap of radio equipment to get mounted and wired. I admit, sure would be nice to get this in real true-to-form shape. Right now, it's just a cool-looking slowbox that's not really ready to do anything but cruise the neighborhood.

Ajax MD

For those of you who never look at the 5-ton sub forum, my wife and I were invited to run our rigs in a little neighborhood Christmas parade.

We decorated our trucks and my wife led in her HMMWV with a friend and his immediate family riding in the troop seats in back. I followed in my M813 with my daughter. A firetruck with Santa brought up the rear.

It was my first parade so I made sure to complete a thorough pre-check on both trucks before we left the house. Both vehicle ran flawlessly and even made good heat in the cabin.

HUNvee

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wanted to eat a burger. A tactical one. So I brought an MKT from the States. :)
It fitted a little tightly into the container, but we took it out.
33615291-164C-46DA-B549-E04241F55DC6.jpeg

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't get stuck.. :)
I wasn't trying too hard. I was bottomed out on the sloped picture, but it backed right out no problem.
I went over come logs on the beach as well, only had one where I had to use BTM to get over it, and that wasn't even being locked into 4WD.

Inspector 1

My Christmas gift to self. I would like to give a big shout out to Jeremy Johnson. I ordered his "Rock Rails and Removable Step". I received rails and steps on Christmas Eve. Starting with the packaging as you can see, Top notch. These were powder coated. They came from N.C to Texas without a scratch. All hole locations were engineered perfectly. It took me about two hours to install the passenger side start to finish. I will install the drivers side tomorrow. Merry Christmas everyone!!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks