• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Decided temps less than 20 degrees F are too low to DIY, so sent the M1025 to my mechanic for installation new oil and tranny cooler, new radiator, new power steering cooler and new water pump.

She started up like a champ at 17 degrees and in the shade.

Attachments

rcamacho

RH Inner Cowl Insulation retrofit for M998.

TM 9-2320-280-20-3 Section 10-30 misses that the wire frame indexes body holes toward the rear of the vehicle in addition to the front three bolts. Install the wire frame first indexing all of the body holes and screws. Then insert insulation pad from under the vehicle. 10-24 or 10-32 bolts/nuts secure the final assembly.

Body side holes may not be fully drilled. I had one that required drilling to size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
What do you feed into that antenna or is it just rx?
Not for looks, But works.

It's actually mast support system AS-1386-U and modified for transport and my needs. One man set-up, 10 minutes to on the air.
⚠ Does not move when up ⚠

As for antennas I have HF dipole 1.6 MHz to 30 mHz , various Yagi's for point to point 140 to 950 mHz, an omni for on-board UHF repeater, a red blinkie light and a flag if needed. So transmitting and receiving DC to almost light. Other configurations as needed. It's what we do, LOL.

HumV... Some have turrets. I have radios, batteries not included, CAMO

Ajax MD

I had mentioned a few times in this thread that I thought I had an toe alignment problem with my driver's rear wheel.

The problem manifested itself as chewing up the outer edge of the tire and looking like the whole tread might be thinking about separating from the tire.
I did the chalk and string check and found everything to be within specifications. I was going to adjust the toe in a little bit but wasn't able to free the radius arm.

I have since tried two different tires and run them for many miles at higher speeds (55 or so) and the problem does not repeat. I've concluded that I must have got a bum tire that was damaged by running out of alignment on a previous vehicle.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Car is in the shoppe. Replacing my oil and tranny cooler that took a proverbial dump. Decided to spend some extra $$$ and replace my radiator as “insurance”. Well, turns out it was developing a leak.

By spending the extra $ I actually saved money as the stack is only coming apart once.

I am also replacing the power steering cooler too. Thirty year old parts I’m assuming.

Like the expression says, “a stitch in time saves nine”.

Now I will re-core the old unit as a spare.

Best,

T

Attachments

Last edited:

Ajax MD

So, after you guys scared the crap out of me with the story of starter bolts snapping off, I crawled underneath and found that I have the mod with the support hook. One less thing to worry about.

Inspector 1

Wednesdays' project was rebuilding the Surge Brakes on my Light Tactical Trailer. I replaced the master cylinder and the Break away cable. I really only needed to replace the Push Rod on the Master Cylinder but a new Master Cylinder was only $136 so I decided to replace the whole thing.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks