• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trucklite led headlights. Maybe the best 5 minute upgrade possibly. Visibility is so much better compared to the originals. All the lenses on my other lights are pretty sun damaged. I might just replace the lenses if I can find them, but I'm debating going full LED.

View attachment 862878
Where did you get your truck lights from?
You can wetsand your lens with 3,000 and polish them to look like new.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got them from Mac Motors. They were running a special on them for $159, had to wait a while on backorder

I was going to try polishing the lenses, but some of them look like there are micro-cracks that run pretty deep
You have part number? 159ea right? I like the headlights a lot.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you get your sf97 or can you get that temp plate with just the invoice? I just assumed mine can’t be on the road until I have it titled, but i have not really looked into it.
I got a temp liscense from Arizona for 90 days. Was 200. But very well worth it. I've put 100 miles on my humvee. It was from dirt Legal with just a bill of sale.

OBX

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Google “E-5 Surplus” you will find a link to his eBay site to buy the grab handles and other MV items.

blutow

I got a temp liscense from Arizona for 90 days. Was 200. But very well worth it. I've put 100 miles on my humvee. It was from dirt Legal with just a bill of sale.
Interesting. I still want to check all my spindles before driving on the open road, but that's a good option. I guess it's a license plate, but not titled yet and isn't useful for titling in your state? You will still use the SF97 to get title in your state? I like to think I'll have my SF97 in the next few weeks, but who knows.

Also, I have held off getting insurance until it's on the road and titled, wasn't sure if it would be a pain to insure until I had a vin and title.

Reactions: OBX
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks