• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

blutow

not sure what mac charges but it is a common civy trucking lens and truck pro or napa might be cheaper. This lens has been used for 20+ years.... Same as all mv's for many years and models also just not hmmwv.
The side marker lenses were like $6-7 each and the front and rear light lenses were around $21 each I believe. I didn't do much shopping/comparison, just added them to an order I was already placing.

Caactus

SPARE TIRE CARRIER DAY!! After a lot of waiting and shopping..and waiting...it's on. One of the studs was broken (cut off?) so needed to grind the welds, pop out the nub out and replace. Then just a quick weld to hold it and a little paint. Good as new. I wonder if the AAA guy will be willing to change a tire if I'm out of town and my spousal unit is driving it.

While working on THAT project, took a good look at the other tires. Both passenger side tires were REALLY badly cracking. I suppose they were facing South in Yermo..all I noticed when I picked it up a year ago was they were 2012 date codes and had a lot of tread on them. I am INCREDIBLY fortunate to have a friend that has a full new set mounted on wheels so I replaced the ugly two. Now I'm trying to source 2 tires and considering replacing the other two so all four are matched. Another day...another thousand dollars. 😒

Attachments

Last edited:

Caactus

Nice back up camera placement
I actually thought about pulling them off the corners and tryIng to mount one in the middle of the tire carrier. Probably a terrible idea but it’s a little disorienting looking at the split screen display on the backup camera screen.

I suppose I could mount the other camera on the front and take advantage of its IR capabilities by skulking around my neighborhood with the lights off at night.🤪

GuntherRommel

I actually thought about pulling them off the corners and tryIng to mount one in the middle of the tire carrier. Probably a terrible idea but it’s a little disorienting looking at the split screen display on the backup camera screen.

I suppose I could mount the other camera on the front and take advantage of its IR capabilities by skulking around my neighborhood with the lights off at night.🤪
I know , I have the same system except one hanging from my passenger mirror for turning blind spot. I just switch between views so I do not get confused

Attachments

OBX

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reconfiguring my M1152A1B2FK5 AMG #347XXX to M1165ish. Removed factory 2 man hardtop w/integrated B-pillar. Installed soft-top B-pillar after cutting/lowering height of B-pillar to level with A-pillar.
Have temporarily installed M1114 hardtop to be measured for mods to top before final assembly. Will remove rounded sides of top and replace with updated flat sides. Only 2 front inboard mounts of hardtop need to be moved a few inches outboard.
Aft bulkhead and C-pillar assembly to be fabricated, will bolt directly to existing hardtop mounts.
Turret opening to be capped. Easy Peasy, right ?

Attachments

Last edited: