• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
24 bolt rims just delivered, but missing nuts, stems and orings Changing out the IP for the second time. This time it's going to a stanadyne authorized shop for rebuild. I'm not doing this again.
The guy who did mine is on point, he is SFL if you are interested.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The guy who did mine is on point, he is SFL if you are interested.
Your injection pump? I took mine a town over to Diesel USA(formerly Magura Diesel) in Crown Point, Indiana. They are a stanadyne authorized repair facility and they have a great reputation. I actually did get a pump from Diesel Care and Performace, they sent wrong one so I ended up just taking my pump to get rebuilt and sent back the pump to Diesel Care.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went to a local body shop and got my m1123 inspected for lights and stuff dmv requires. Went and got it smogged on a 4 wheel dyno and back to dmv and now I have everything I need to get plates when my appointment comes. Easy process but time consuming and more expensive than I thought it would be. Smog 80$ inspection 250$ probably 200$ to register it. Being able to drive it anywhere I want, priceless! Oh I have an oil leak and it looks like it’s coming from the oil filter adapter and running down the corner of the oil pan and bell housing cover.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Exciting News, EUC has been approved.. Shipping company will be picking up the Humvee in GA within 5 days.. Was a pretty quick turn-around, under 50 days from winning the auction to the EUC approved. I know there's another wait time with the SF-97 being delivered.. Heard that could be 2-3 months in some cases.
Congratulations and welcome to the "club"!!

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, gotta start getting the parts lined up before it arrives.
Great, there are some great folks here that will be happy to help you out, if it is your first HMMWV understand it is somewhat of a different animal than most vehicles.
If you have not already done so do go and down load all the TMs in the sticky section above, you will have much more success and be much more confident if you take the time to understand what is going on rather than simply asking for the answer, and if you have not used TMs they are also somewhat of a different animal,,,,,,,but of course ask away and again welcome.

visualg

Great, there are some great folks here that will be happy to help you out, if it is your first HMMWV understand it is somewhat of a different animal than most vehicles.
If you have not already done so do go and down load all the TMs in the sticky section above, you will have much more success and be much more confident if you take the time to understand what is going on rather than simply asking for the answer, and if you have not used TMs they are also somewhat of a different animal,,,,,,,but of course ask away and again welcome.
Yep, already got them and know them pretty well.. I've restored a few cars in the past, only the diesel will be the area of all the questions.. LOL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks