• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your MKT this week???

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
- I can see how being square the pot might take the heat more efficiently off the burner (and for "cooking" water, that's fine).

- But any other use, a square pot presents a nightmare for the person who has to clean it (in fact I never even heard of one before now).

I'd hate to be the guy tasked to clean the inside corners of a square pot with baked-on food stuck to it from cooking. Talk about misery, that would be it.
The pot/pan is not completely square, the inside corners are rounded, see this link for what we are talking about > https://www.webstaurantstore.com/vo...ith-handles-20-7-8-x-17-3-8-x-7/92268391.html
exact same ones were used in WWII, as I traded a 1944 pan with a 1945 lid to a WWII collector in exchange for a more modern one - I got a usable one, he got a collector's item - a win win!

jasonjc

OK not a MKT item but , my GF's dad is a retired Navy Chief (cook). He just gave me his recipe box set(full military set in a slide out box like a file cabinet) . I think he said it has 1500 cards in it. 1100 are recipe cards so 300-400 recipe I'd guess. ;-) Too cool!!!!!!!!

Another Ahab

OK not a MKT item but , my GF's dad is a retired Navy Chief (cook). He just gave me his recipe box set(full military set in a slide out box like a file cabinet) . I think he said it has 1500 cards in it. 1100 are recipe cards so 300-400 recipe I'd guess. ;-) Too cool!!!!!!!!
THAT is very cool!

What have they got as a recipe for, say, Baked Beans? That might be a hoot.

rustystud

THAT is very cool!

What have they got as a recipe for, say, Baked Beans? That might be a hoot.
Hey, don't knock the Navy's food ! As a Marine we took great joy when we where able to eat at the Navies table. They had some assume cooks there ! Marine cooks don't really care what you feel about the food. Just as long as it is hot and provides the caloric intake you need. So they would be just as happy giving you some warmed-up grass or tree bark if it provided the calories. Honestly I think they did feed me that once or twice !

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That sounds like the printed version of what the army calls TM 10-412. The cards should be 5.5 x 8 inches, and some will have color pictures of the food to be prepared. I have a set, somewhere. Air Force calls it AFJMAN 34-606, Navy calls it NAVSUP Publication 7, and the USMC named it MCO P10110.42A. Official title is "Armed Forces Recipe Service".

jasonjc

DSCN0737[1].jpgDSCN0736[1].jpg
That sounds like the printed version of what the army calls TM 10-412. The cards should be 5.5 x 8 inches, and some will have color pictures of the food to be prepared. I have a set, somewhere. Air Force calls it AFJMAN 34-606, Navy calls it NAVSUP Publication 7, and the USMC named it MCO P10110.42A. Official title is "Armed Forces Recipe Service".
Yep that's what it is.

Last edited:

jasonjc

Attachments

Another Ahab

The ingredient quantities weren't as imposing as I thought they'd be (only a pound of bacon).

And you know what, it sounds REALLY good.

But then that's Navy chow for you. It IS really good!

jasonjc

The ingredient quantities weren't as imposing as I thought they'd be (only a pound of bacon).

And you know what, it sounds REALLY good.

But then that's Navy chow for you. It IS really good!
Yea but 2 1/2gals of beans:whistle:.

These cards are the same for Army, Navy , Air Force and Marines. Must be the cooks that make the difference.

aziator

I just won a MKT at auction, excited to get it and start using it. Our local high school has a mountain bike team that we are heavily involved in, couple of the parents cook for 250+ people a couple times a month during race season. The MKT should make life a little easier.

aziator

Bought 2 of the 22.5 wheels and 2 Firestone 295/75R22.5 tires for when I go pick up my MKT this next week. Was going to get a spare for the stock wheels/tires but knew that I wanted to get away from the tubes and split rings at some point.

aziator

Getting mine ready for its first use in public. Grilled some chicken and eggs on it tonight. Nothing fancy but you have to start somewhere.

IMG_2765.jpg

Can anyone tell me what these are used for? I have 3 each of the small and large ones.

parts.jpg

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can anyone tell me what these are used for? I have 3 each of the small and large ones.

View attachment 702185
They were arm shields for moving the older style gasoline burners from the place they were started (75 feet from ANYTHING that could catch fire including grass) and where they were to be used (IE, the MKT). Basically a reflector to keep radiant heat away from flesh.

airmech3839

I'm about to get an mkt Sat morning. Guy doesn't have harnesses or transformer for mbu's... anybody have an extra set they would part with?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks