• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your MKT this week???

jasonjc

There is a baking rack set for the oven's. There is a heat diffuser plate and a rack that hangs on chains. Baking sheets come with the oven or tailer can't remember witch.

therooster2001

The diffuser is nothing more than a stainless steel cut sheet, and the racks are just thinner. I used some stainless chains and hooks to complete mine. That said, I bought them from members on here, as I didn't know dimensions at first, and didn't want something that would twist and bend.

The baking sheets are half sheets, but Id have to measure.

I sometimes bake right on the diffuser.
IMG_9610.jpg

And here is a pict out of an OLD M59 TM.

M59Baking.jpg

therooster2001

Well, there it is.

TMbakingoutfit.jpg
list.jpg
baking pan.jpg
In American sizing, the full-size sheet pan is 26 by 18 in. A two thirds sheet pan (also referred to as a three quarter size sheet pan) is 21 by 15 in. A half sheet pan is 18 by 13 in; quarter sheets are 9 by 13 in.

so not a 1/2 or 2/3.

zanther

I recovered my MKT-85 yesterday. Bit of a kerfluffle with GovPlanet, it was supposed to be in Lakewood WA and it turned out to be 20 miles south of Chehalis WA at the main Ritchie Bros yard for the area. Extra distance: 60 miles each way and add Friday 4 PM traffic through the capital city of Olympia = about 5 extra hours total to recover.

Recovery was smooth, tried to flip the lunette in the lot , no budging and I was running out of time so I towed it a bit catty-wompus with my F150. It does have a receiver riser on it so it wasn't totally crazy. I could tell the trailer was there, but it wasn't any worse than towing my travel trailer and the TT has brakes! Kept is low and slow in the right lane behind the semi's and stopped a few times (1 mile in, 4 miles in, 15 miles in, and 40 miles in) to check hub heat and tire heat. No issues, no problems, even got passed by a State Trooper in slow traffic so it must not have looked too bad.

Got it partially setup today , thanks SCSG-G4 for the thumbdrive and doc. Looks mostly complete though I am missing all 6 MBU's. I'll need to either find a cheap supply ($400 on ebay isn't cheap) or consider converting to propane burners as some have done.

Good news is that the netting and cold weather walls are there with maybe a few extra pieces. It just started dumping rain and is forecast to do so the rest of the weekend so I put the roof back down. I do see the cold weather walls are canvas , looks to be in okay shape but will likely be able to use them to make a pattern to replace with. If I get that far, I may consider offering some for sale. The problem is going to be making it economical in my time to make vs the price.

I did find 2 inverters, I need to pull them out and see if Gen I or Gen II and test them. Maybe I could trade one for a couple MBU's if anyone has ones they'd part with.

Will get more photos as I have time to fully set it up and go through the BII.
20181103_085812.jpg

zanther

Got the inverters out, both V3's . One works, one doesn't. started pulling apart the "broken" one., looks like a couple of burnt out resistors. I need to pull the working unit apart so I can get a clear view of the resistor color codes and then replace them.

I did find a a few magical MBU power cables buried in one of the cabinets. those are a welcome sight. I've ordered a couple of MBU v2's on the internet. Supposedly working, though we'll see. If they work well enough, game on, if I need to upgrade them to block 3, I see the kits for sale on ebay.

I do need to find one more deep roasting/baking pan, but thankfully all 4 big pots are there. I think the first use of the MKT will be to brew some beer with a buddy of mine.

Most BII is there, though I need to print out the list and go line by line as I get some time this week.

The griddle is fairly warped, any tricks for flattening it out? Alternatively, has anyone made a replacment griddle? I've got a pretty good metal shop near me that I'm sure would order me in a chunk of flat iron or ALU.

aziator

Thanks to Digger09 I got my second griddle and did a big cook this weekend. It was the last race of the high school mountain bike season and we cook for the kids and all their family members at all 5 race weekends. Nothing like getting 2 griddles going at the same time to cook 15 lbs of bacon, 15dz eggs and a whole mess of pancakes. Still need to fab up a grease drain chute for the new to me griddle but other than that, everything went perfect.

Also, when I was leaving home on Friday I saw a big convoy of mil vehicles heading to my base to support the border ops, one was pulling a MKT. Going to go search them out see what new tricks they can teach me.

morewood

The diffuser is nothing more than a stainless steel cut sheet, and the racks are just thinner. I used some stainless chains and hooks to complete mine. That said, I bought them from members on here, as I didn't know dimensions at first, and didn't want something that would twist and bend.

The baking sheets are half sheets, but Id have to measure.

I sometimes bake right on the diffuser.
View attachment 747073

And here is a pict out of an OLD M59 TM.

View attachment 747072
Well, there it is.

View attachment 747077
View attachment 747075
View attachment 747076
In American sizing, the full-size sheet pan is 26 by 18 in. A two thirds sheet pan (also referred to as a three quarter size sheet pan) is 21 by 15 in. A half sheet pan is 18 by 13 in; quarter sheets are 9 by 13 in.

so not a 1/2 or 2/3.
These dimensions and the pic you provided are very helpful, one of us has a machine shop and access to all the metal wanted. Any other pictures or measurements you guys have would be helpful. I hope to pull one of the ovens off, in the next couple of weeks, to make a couple sets of hanging racks and heat diffusers. The natives are getting restless to use them.

Thanks,
Shea

therooster2001

I have my diffuser and sheets NOT in the MKT, and in the back of the 5-ton, so I can probably get a pict when I go see it this week. I'll measure thickness too. The diffuser is heavy (by comparison).

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Griddles were made to be flipped over so both sides can be used. I notice if I don't flip mine on a regular basis they will start to warp up in the middle. End to end warping is probably caused by only running one burner, not both at about the same heat range.

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Happy to say I have recently joined the MKT club as well. Actually found one on GP near where I live. Pictures left a lot of questions, but once I got it home it was mostly complete. With the help of a few people on SS and a little help from eBay, I have managed to find just about all of the missing items (now looking for a second griddle LOL). I have read most of the MKT posts and learned a great deal already from the group. Anxiously waiting to get my thumb drive back from Mike to see all of the stuff he has put together. I will hopefully get a chance this weekend to get things in order to grab some pictures. Not sure if there is anyone on SS with an MKT on the west coast (I live in Sacramento area) but would love to find out and get some first hand lessons. Thanks all!!!

Another Ahab

Happy to say I have recently joined the MKT club as well. Not sure if there is anyone on SS with an MKT on the west coast (I live in Sacramento area) but would love to find out and get some first hand lessons.
Wonder if there's anything like a MKT roll call, like how many MKT's out there?

Something like the European MV Owner thread (or whatever its called). It's by metaliki, isn't it?

That could be an interesting thread all its own, just a Roll Call of;

- Vehicle types, and

- Number of owners

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wonder if there's anything like a MKT roll call, like how many MKT's out there?

Something like the European MV Owner thread (or whatever its called). It's by metaliki, isn't it?

That could be an interesting thread all its own, just a Roll Call of;

- Vehicle types, and

- Number of owners
At one time there were six in private hands in Columbia, SC. Dave, Mitch, Adam, me, MVCSC, and Chris who moved to New Mexico. I've sent out about two dozen of the MKT USB drives. Two fellas in Quebec had three between them. Timntrucks had two, Wreckerman swapped his to popabear and I think microjeep has it now. Walter in Fla had one, there was one in Denver, one in PA, one used at "Operation East Wind", Cabell has one, and there are others.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At one time there were six in private hands in Columbia, SC. Dave, Mitch, Adam, me, MVCSC, and Chris who moved to New Mexico. I've sent out about two dozen of the MKT USB drives. Two fellas in Quebec had three between them. Timntrucks had two, Wreckerman swapped his to popabear and I think microjeep has it now. Walter in Fla had one, there was one in Denver, one in PA, one used at "Operation East Wind", Cabell has one, and there are others.
I know there is at least one here in Washington State as well.
I'd love to own one myself but never actually do anything where it would be utilized to anywhere near it's full capabilities, plus I don't have anything to tow it with anyway.

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know there is at least one here in Washington State as well.
I'd love to own one myself but never actually do anything where it would be utilized to anywhere near it's full capabilities, plus I don't have anything to tow it with anyway.
I now have one in California, all 3 of the other MKts were bought by the same buyer and shipped to Illinois according to the yard guy that helped me load mine up

CommoChief

I’m the one in PA Mike. MKT-85, tag on the side - saw service in Germany. Got your USB several years ago.

Another Ahab

I’m the one in PA Mike. MKT-85, tag on the side - saw service in Germany. Got your USB several years ago.
CommoChief, not that you are at all obliged or anything, it's yours to use (or not) as you like, but just curious:

- Are you "working" the MKT at all, you know, a party now and then, or anything?!

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well today I hooked up all 6 MBU's in the MKT and fired them all up.....kinda like Christmas morning when I was a kid. All 6 fired up and ran well although two of them have noisy compressors and may need new ones. Getting closer to having this thing ready. Tried to upload a video , but so far haven't been able to figure out how. Ill take some pics tomorrow

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks