• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done with your 5 Ton

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I fixed by primer pump. Easiest and quickest fix I have ever done on any MV that I have owned.

Bought two O-rings at Lowes, removed the pump, cut the old rings off and put the new ones on.

Saves me $$ in the diesel that always drips when priming.
What got me to fix mine was the DRIP onto the right foot as I drove down the road.

m816

I have two, a M54a2 guntruck and a M51a2 Dump truck. The dump is getting restored right now in the yard and the Guntruck is at my farm in upstate NY. We are going to repaint the guntruck in the spring and the dump hopefull will be finished by then.

91W350

We cleared some ground with ours, pulled lots of small cottonwoods. We were chocking, blocking and winching, until we found out the truck would pull most of them with no winch. I wish I had photos, it was impressive to watch. Glen

Attachments

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since I got the M818 I've cleaned, touched up the paint, changed the oil and filter, and changed the coolant over to Fleetguard ELC. Installed new wiper blades. Added Betts mud flap hangers and mud flaps. Changed a couple of pinion seals and rebuilt the transfer case air cylinder.

Up coming projects are install a tractor protection valve, coolant filter and repaint it.

And since it was a nice day yesterday, I drove it to Home Depot to pick up some things.

Attachments

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know there was a thread titled "What have you done with your Deuce" so I figured us guys with 5 tons needed one too. So let me be the first to post a pic. 4k and all it did was smooh out the ride. Man I love this truck.

Done nothing to it in over a year since I bought it. Still needs engine work.

:-(

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
What have you done with your 5 Ton ??-----FLY, sorry no pics

Last edited:

Barron

Yes, it ground ran a couple weeks ago. Tail cone goes on, and the polished cowlings and spinners, and 2,500 gallons of avgas and she's ready again.

vtdeucedriver

Yes, it ground ran a couple weeks ago. Tail cone goes on, and the polished cowlings and spinners, and 2,500 gallons of avgas and she's ready again.

Sweet, wish more were flying. Whats your intent??? My father is friends with Carlos in MIA.

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought my first five ton, its an M923A1 this week. It is so different than my duece. I like it, but the duece rides so much better off road! Can't wait for my singles to arrive and mount them to see how they affect it! Also changed engine oil and filter, transmission external filter, fuel filter, and checked all other fluids!

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks