• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what is a "combination valve switch"?

appalacious

Its on pg 856 of the -20 TM near the middle bottom.
I've been tracing my ignition wiring and came across that, not knowing what it does. Do i need it?

Also,
A couple of the lines seem to just go to the fuse box and disappear. Am I right in assuming that they go to ground after the fuse box? It seems strange to have 2 separate lines going to the fuse box out of the same node.

Thanks,
J

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Combination valves often have 3 functions. One is to meter the brakes which means that it holds off the front discs until the rear brakes start to apply. Proportioning valve does just that, proportions brake pressure to balance the front and rear brakes. The third is the pressure differential switch which shuts off one side of the brakes in a fluid loss situation and trips the brake warning light. I'd probably not delete this item.

appalacious

Thanks guys, it sounds like a handy device. I think I'll keep it.
Of course, the wiring I was talking about was probably just for the dash light, although still nice to have.
J

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks