• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is everyone using for stabilizers?

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Due to the stiffness of the suspension , I have not found I need stabilizers. Since my camper has jacks, I could use them if needed. Below is a link to my build so you can see my setup.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post #350 in my build thread and post #355 page 18 i think ! They have pinned drop legs to reach pretty high or stay low but heavy duty and cheap my 2 favorites ! I dont have the pic in my phone anymore or i would post it and u can find them at harbour freight ! I keep mine under the suspension to keep the box weight just sitting there day after day like a loaded dump truck ! But will work for your habitat as well and store easy ! 57746_W3.jpg

Last edited:

ramdough

Post #350 in my build thread and post #355 page 18 i think ! They have pinned drop legs to reach pretty high or stay low but heavy duty and cheap my 2 favorites ! I dont have the pic in my phone anymore or i would post it and u can find them at harbour freight ! I keep mine under the suspension to keep the box weight just sitting there day after day like a loaded dump truck ! But will work for your habitat as well and store easy ! View attachment 901236

This appears to be the model…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

Third From Texas

My M1079 hab will sway at night when the wind is howling (and down here, it almost always is). Walking around can sway the rig (even the dog can move it walking around the bed). I'm trying to be careful about left/right weight distribution forward as a result (balancing the captured springs).

Of course, I have to stabilize the hab itself not the truck frame (the truck suspension isn't a factor in my scenario). I intend to make a brace plate and come off the forward (steel) frame corners of the hab. In theory then, I only need two legs. I've found a few random things on Amazon that "look like they might work" but that's as far as I've pursued it.

I suspect that to an extent, I could just secure the hab to the vehicle frame (sort of bypass the captured springs) and eliminate the sway that I'm seeing but I've not tested that theory. Best I can tell, the truck suspension isn't movign at all, but that may be due to the captured springs working as intended and sucking up the motion.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks