• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is it

carey clarkson

I tell you what, you can stop worrying about the fuel problem..I have the only solution.. I will pick them up tomorrow for $150.00 :-D. Congrats on the great find. How did you come up with a possible fuel pump problem? Did you check the fuel filters and I would disconnect the fuel line coming from the fuel pump to see if you might actually be getting fuel out of the pump but the injectors are froven. Did you drain the fuel tank and clean it out with fresh kerosene before fueling it up and trying to start it? My experience tells me that most fuel tanks from the military are loaded up with sludge and grim. :deadhorse:

kc5mzd

I looked at them. The 24v breaker would kick every time you turned them to the prime setting. Disconnected fuel pumps - no more blown breaker. I tried hooking them up one at a time with generator on. Every time they would spark and blow the breaker. The only thing I can figure is maybe someone let them run dry for a long time or something?

Isaac-1

Like everyone said, it sounds like you found a great deal. 24V fuel pumps can often be found for very cheap prices on ebay (about half the going price of 12V) , although I don't spot many at the moment. I think the originals are Facet style pumps, but if you want to replace it and don't care about matching the original I suggest you look at the older Walbro 6000 series, or the new FR series, while the Facet pumps are good, the Walbro's are nearly bullet proof, both figuratively and literally as they weigh (and retail for) about 5 times as much.

Ike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks