• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is the AMP rating of CB1 (3phase breaker) on MEP002A generator?

goldneagle

Searched TMs as well as online and could not find the AMP rating of the CB1 3 phase circuit breaker on the MEP002A generator. It tells you the rating of the CB3 that protects the service outlet but no the main breaker. Anyone know what it should be?

jamawieb

The main breaker for the mep-002a and 003a are the same. They are both 100amp breakers but do not think of these breakers as a household breaker. They measure amperage through the CVT1 transformer and if the amperage is to high the breaker will throw. Then it also measure current that flows directly to the lugs.

goldneagle

The main breaker for the mep-002a and 003a are the same. They are both 100amp breakers but do not think of these breakers as a household breaker. They measure amperage through the CVT1 transformer and if the amperage is to high the breaker will throw. Then it also measure current that flows directly to the lugs.
I just wanted to make sure they sere rated higher than the circuit breakers I want to install in the breaker panel I added to my setup. I plan to install a 20 AMP 3 Phase breaker for any 3 phase items I want to test. I am also installing some 2 pole breakers. 30/30 and 40/40 for single phase hook up. Only one of the breakers will be on at any time. SO far I don't think I need any single pole breaker since the generator already has the service outlet.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks