• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is the best engine they put in a Deuce?

phil2968

Buy it, you won't regret it! That said, don't give me grief about this but, I took out a 401K loan to finance my M109! It gets better! I then lost my job and was out of work for about 6 weeks! The old job gave me 13 weeks severance pay, so my loan was payed even though I was not working! I found a new job in 6 weeks but won't be eligible for 401k until July. Will have to make the payments until then. But my deuce is "payed for" and so much fun to drive!

The ODMV bug bites hard and fast and as no known cure except to buy one!

nnero

If you are looking at Kublos, they are great to deal with. They also have a ton of parts. We left a deposit on one for 8 months and they were cool with it. It was quite an experience driving through Binghamton and up I-88.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This thread and the replies reminds me of a scene in the movie: "Animal House". I bet some of you remember that enactment of a moral debate.

Rick

saddamsnightmare

November 26th, 2009.

500,000 Deuces, and he's worried about finding one. Trust me, laddie, paying off the college loan is the way to go, otherwise that bad boy will haunt you sooner then later. When I went it was $30.00 a credit hour and I never spent over 1,000 per year. Deuces come, deuces go, loans burn you sooner then later.
Just my .02 worth,

Have a happy Thanksgiving,

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan.:-D

wsucougarx

Be responsible pay off your loans first. In this economy debt free is the way to be.
I couldn't agree with you more!!!!!! It is the lack of this very principle that has the US in the pickle we're into today. The old "get it now, pay for it later" just keeps going on and on and on and on. Ok I'm done:wink:

stumps

You have to look at the whole picture.

If the college loan is very low interest, it may not be worth paying it off immediately, if you have a better use for the cash. If you do decide to use your cash to buy a deuce/car/whatever, and let the college loan's interest accrue, you have to consider that the cash you used to pay for the deuce/car/whatever was borrowed, and is costing you the accrued interest on the college loan.... Just like it would if you took out a car loan.

Should he buy a somewhat rare engined deuce? Only he can determine if his circumstances warrant the cost. I would suggest cutting out some vice or other that isn't really all that necessary to your life: cigarettes, drugs, gambling (lottery tickets), Starbucks coffee, sodas, eating out, theater movies, ... stuff like that. Eliminate a daily trip to Starbucks, and McDonalds, and you could save up to $3600/year. You can make your own lunch for under a buck per day, as compared to more than $5 at the fallen arches.

Also, consider lay-a-way on the deuce while you are saving up funds by eliminating unnecessary "luxuries".

-Chuck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks