• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is the correct oil pressure?

jdeoliveira74

Ok I did some searching and couldn't find what I was looking for. So what would be the correct Oil pressure for my 1985 m1009. ? Cold /Hot and idle??

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok I did some searching and couldn't find what I was looking for. So what would be the correct Oil pressure for my 1985 m1009. ? Cold /Hot and idle??
You have to do a little digging but TM 9-2320-289-34, Chapter 2, section 34 has the pressures listed. This is using the STE/ICE diagnostic unit.

idle - 10psi or above
2000rpm - 40psi or above

From the TM 9-2815-237-34 6.2L/6.5L Diesel Engine Repair Manual

Section 2-34, the following is listed

Underload - 40-50psi
Idle - 10psi minimum

Cold will always be higher than hot.

You can alway look in the Chilton or Haynes manuals and find the same information.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks