• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is the grille guard from?

cucvrus

008.jpg007.jpgWhat is this grille guard from? I got it from a scrap dealer and was not sure what it fit. I hauled it home on the M1009 and it gave me an idea for a rear brush guard. I think it may be HMMWV. It looks easy to attach to the M1009 and make it drop to use the rear gate.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HMMWV. the viewer's right of the grill is more open due to the blackout light. Plus, width with lack of height would make it pretty unusable for anything else.

cucvrus

A little more purpose then the little metal guards that I see bolted directly on the tail light lenses and head lights of some SUV's. Also I sort of think it is a neat and a useful add on for a different look and protection. I will keep it simple and neat. It was just a thought. You don't have to like it. I could carry my hoveraround on it when I get older. Is that a good enough purpose?

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A little more purpose than the little metal guards that I see bolted directly on the tail light lenses and head lights of some SUV's. Also I sort of think it is a neat and a useful add on for a different look and protection. I will keep it simple and neat. It was just a thought. You don't have to like it. I could carry my hoveraround on it when I get older. Is that a good enough purpose?
Don't take offense, I'm only asking. And you're right, I don't have to like it.

Of course, it begs the question; how fast do you usually drive blindly through the brush in reverse?

cucvrus

Its the guy following me that concerns me. And it would just be that an add on that I would do like an exoskeleton made of tubing would be cool also.