• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is the highest mileage hmmwv anyone has encountered

Gamble

What is the highest mileage hmmwv anyone has encountered? I'm curious as to the life expectancy of the hmmwv with the 4 speed 4l80e with the 6.5 NA engine specifically.

BLK HMMWV

What is the highest mileage hmmwv anyone has encountered? I'm curious as to the life expectancy of the hmmwv with the 4 speed 4l80e with the 6.5 NA engine specifically.
I guess it will depend on how often its driven.
I have an 86 HMMWV.
I've owned it for 20 years.
Repowered it with a 6.5 N/A about 5-6 years ago.
But it's not a daily driver so at the rate I'm going it's going to outlive me.
Got a 98 Ram pickup I bought brand new. I have put about 60 k on it in 23 years, also not a daily driver.
HMMWV's are hard to tell on actual milage because sometimes they replace the speedo and odometer also some HMMWV's have just sat and just get run in the motor pool.
Others have been driven like they were stolen by an 18-year-old kid as his first ride.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
I remember a few years ago there were 20 or more engineers HMMWVs that passed through Govplanet at their newnan Richie Bros location, I looked at some of them and several had slick tires and just a general heavy usage look with some breaching north of 50k on the odometers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It depends on what your definition of life expectancy is

They will last indefinitely if properly maintained, stored and driven, accidents and miss-use tend to shorten a vehicles life, this does not mean that parts are not going to wear out and need to be replaced, that is the maintenance part.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The civilian H1 uses the same engine/transmission in some of the models sold, and there are some of them out there well over 100k miles.
If you take care of it, then it will last pretty much forever, and can be rebuilt down the line.
If you don't take care of it, you might not even hit a thousand miles before it's toast.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks