• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is the max weight a M923a2 can handle

gem1410

A friend of mine wants to run a M923a2 with a big plow blade and large salt spreader--He says fully loaded the truck would weight 50000 lbs--Would the axles and tires handle this weight--what is the max load for the front axle----I know the gov only rates this truck at a gvw of 31550lbs--

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Front axle max rating is 9,390 I think.

Will it do it? Probably.

Will your friend get sued into oblivion when there's an accident and the insurance investigators find out he's driving a truck that's overloaded by 10 tons according to the manufacturer? Probably.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I have put commercial dump bodys on 5 ton trucks,for off road site trucks.And loaded them with 20 tons of dirt.They will handle the weight.But I wouldnt recommend it for on road use for legal and safety reasons..

ichudov

Do not be a chicken. If your truck gets in an accident and it is your driver's fault, you will get sued into oblivion regardless of overload issue.

That said, I personally would not put more than 10 tons of weight on it.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Yes,20 ton with no issues.Over the past 15 years I put together 4 trucks with 14' dump bodies.These trucks are way under rated for there weight capacities.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
40,000 pounds with no issues?
I can see it from an axle perspective. The front axle is rated for 12K. The tandems 44K. And those are the "safe" ratings. We all know that the military under-rates their hardware on purpose.

Is it wise? No, I can't say that though...