• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is the right TM to change the 2 small water outlet gaskets that go to the intake

I have searched for about 2 weeks and havent made any headway im curious what is the right Tm for doing a gasket change the 2 small gaskets that go on each side of the bottom of the water outlet housing to the intake 8)

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are talking about the two gaskets that are used to attach the "crossover pipe" , item #9. Yoiu need TM 9-2320-289-20, Chapter 3-34, page 3-100

Attachments

i guess that picture is self explaintory haha i finally found the leaks and thats where it looks like its leakin what pain in the butt and time consumeing repair this is going to be how hard is it to do i havent ever done this repair just curious any input thanks warthog your a big help my friend :)

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad I could help. The crossover pipe isn't that hard to remove, just a bunch of stuff that has to be moved first.

Be careful of removing the thermostat neck if you don't have to. The bolts corrode and are a pain to remove sometimes.

You have download the manuals haven't you? www.jatonkam35s.com

yes i have the tms had to go buy ink lol i thought about takin the whole housing off as one piece and then take the the thermostat out where i can spray or heat up the bolts when i seperate the thermostat neck from the housing would it be a good idea to put anti seize on the threads so they dont strip

Hasdrubal

I had a crossover pipe leak last year. Changed the gaskets, it still leaked. Took the crossover pipe off again, close examination revealed a hairline crack. Had to replace it, found one for $30. Check yours before putting it back together. As for the thermostat housing bolts. Anti-seize is indeed what you want to be putting on the bolt threads. Let us know how your thermostat housing bolt removal goes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks