• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is the voltage adjustment screw type on a 923a2 alternator?

TexAndy

Saw in the TM how to go about adjusting voltage. So I removed the plug per the TM. But with the alternator installed, I cannot see down into the well to tell what type of screw it is. And the TM does not say. It just says turn the screw CCW to increase voltage or CW to decrease voltage.

I'd really rather not remove the alternator just to adjust the voltage...

Anyone happen to know what it is? Phillips, standard, allen, or???

MtnSnow

Yeah the cover and adjustment screw are basically on the bottom side at about the 8'oh clock position of the Alt closest to the engine on all of the A2's I've looked at so everything is basically done by feel because you just cant get your head/eyes between the frame/hoses & the alt to see things! lol

Julian

I was just trying to do that yesterday on an A0- the access hole is on top of the alternator, but under the casting for the oil cooler. Nearly impossible to get a straight screw driver into the hole and engaged with the adjustment screw at the bottom. I used a mirror and noticed the slot is actually shaped like a "plus" sign, so a straight blade screwdriver will fit in increments of 90 degrees of turn. Anybody have a technique suggestion?
I also was disappointed to find that on mine, the plug had not been replaced which means water had easy access to the innards- Another item we should all check before hosing down the engine.

k5ontherocks

My 931A2 plug was on the bottom, and was a phillips drive. The first time i adjusted mine i just popped the regulator off the back an inch or so and adjusted. 2nd time i used a mirror and went thru the plug on the bottom. fairly easy either way.