• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is the word on in-tank fuel pumps these days?

Banshee365

He guy's. My duece has been dead for a little while since my in-tank pump died after I left the master switch on all night. The pump was nearly new (not olympic it was from White Owl.) I was draining the water and debris out of the primary filter housing with the switch on and forgot all about it. I guess the battery slowing dying until it was totally dead killed my pump as it no longer works and I understand this can kill electric motors.

The pump is mint and the pump part is fine I'm sure. Is it possible to replace just the motor or send it off to have the pump repaired by a pump manufacturer instead of buying a brand new one? I'm a bit afraid of buying a used one or using the in-line or aftermarket pumps.

If I'm SOL does anyone know what the new pumps from Olympic are going for?

-Kelly

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you check the fuse?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You said it was not an Olympic, there is no way we can tell you weather it is fixable unless you post up pics or SOMETHING. I have some pumps I feel are better than stock I could sell you if you want, less then $100. PM for info if you want.

Banshee365

I'll post a few pictures tomorrow. I'll have to go pull it out.

I havn't checked the fuse because the pump ran very slowly for a little bit and sounded very sluggish. Now it doesn't turn at all. I could check the fuse for grins but feel the motor is burnt up from running until the batteries died.

Rusty nuts

Actually the older pumps wiring plugs right into the new pump. The issue is the old pump plug socket is dimpled to hold the plug in. All you gotta do is use a small flat blade screwdriver ands plait the socket, then peel it open with needle nose pliers. Changed my old pump out to the new pump in about 20 minutes.....best $50 I have spent.