• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this goo??

Woodsplinter

Somewhere on here (I think) someone posted a link to a training site for heavy truck mechanics that discussed different types of spring packs. It said the surfaces of the springs that touch each other (the top & bottom) should not be painted or treated in anyway. Something about the metal needing to slide back and forth.

I had never heard that before- anybody else?

oddshot

Somewhere on here (I think) someone posted a link to a training site for heavy truck mechanics that discussed different types of spring packs. It said the surfaces of the springs that touch each other (the top & bottom) should not be painted or treated in anyway. Something about the metal needing to slide back and forth.

I had never heard that before- anybody else?
I think that just might have been me: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...e-depending-on-the-road&p=1666140#post1666140

It's the way I learned it ... Do a google search, there is a lot of similar information on the subject out there.

Woodsplinter