• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this green resister looking thing?

HmmwvTim

I was looking in the dash and I saw that this looked loose. What is this? What does it do? Is it repairable or should I buy a new one? I liiked through the electronics section from my TM and couldn’t find it. what is the part number if I need to replace it. One of its wires is coded 399.

Thanks

FEC9845F-F772-4A19-8EF0-F4D58E76AD4C.jpeg

HmmwvTim

It is a resistor for the low blower setting
Thanks for telling me. Now that I know what it is, it took me 3 seconds to find the PN. 12338468

since my lower blower still works with no issue, I will leave it. I may paint some resin on it to keep it solid, unless someone tells me otherwise.

Guyfang

Staff member
I simply can not stop my self. A resister?

What model do you have. I will look it up if one of the Obi Wan's doesn't show up.

Heater Fan Switch Low Speed Resister.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for telling me. Now that I know what it is, it took me 3 seconds to find the PN. 12338468

since my lower blower still works with no issue, I will leave it. I may paint some resin on it to keep it solid, unless someone tells me otherwise.
Should not hurt to coat the ends, keep wires away they get pretty hot.

HmmwvTim

Not the best job but saves me 60$.

i have parchment paper(for cooking) under so I can limit spill. it doesnt stick. I used shop paper towel to get the excess dripping to the bottom.

this seems to do the job.

0774297E-AA53-44CD-B0F6-E6247C5A6DCF.jpeg

Thanks for your help.
Response time is quick and helpful on this site.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks