• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this lever for?

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What happened when you pulled, pushed or turned it?

That's always my first test, especially if it's labeled "cation, danger, emergency, buy no means pull" or something along those lines. Oh and can somebody tell me why my 5 ton wont start...

Just kidding, my guess is seat bottom adjuster. You did turn it though right???

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe it is a seat adjustment to raise the back of the seat
It raises the back of the drivers seat cushion. it's stock. both my trucks have it in them.
Gemtlemen:
The SEAT parts are NOT the topic here. If you zoom in on the pic the OP posted you will see a LEVER on the FLOOR (it's CIRCLED) that resembles the FUEL TANK SELECTOR on trucks so equipped.

HOWEVER, since the OP is talking about an M35A2 we can presume it has but ONE Fuel Tank.

rtadams89

This is a switch/lever on the floor, not the seat. This one does have 2 tanks, but there is a separate lever for that. It's in a spot that made it hard for me to see what was connected to it. I'll actually crawl under the deuce later and check it out.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gemtlemen:
The SEAT parts are NOT the topic here. If you zoom in on the pic the OP posted you will see a LEVER on the FLOOR (it's CIRCLED) that resembles the FUEL TANK SELECTOR on trucks so equipped.

HOWEVER, since the OP is talking about an M35A2 we can presume it has but ONE Fuel Tank.
Ohh... In that case I change my guess to fuel tank selector as well. Someone needs to get a brighter marker or a camera flash, these eye's aren't what they used to be!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks like an electrical switch handle to me.

KsM715

I agree. It looks like an electrical switch. The fuel selector lever is longer. I am curious about that truck having a second tank. The op says it has a selector lever for that. It should have two, one for the fuel lines and one for the fuel gauge. ( if who ever added the second tank did it correctly)

rtadams89

I managed to get a look at it this morning from underneath. It is clearly an electrical switch for something with rather large cables going to it. It could be an electrical disconnect, but there is another disconnect under the dash too, which seems odd.

rtadams89

I need a second set of eyes to trace the cable, but I played with the switch and it doesn't seem to affect power to the gauges, external lights, or starter.

searls84

We can guess all day... it could be the eject switch or the switch to release the parachute when you're running the 1/4mile at the drags.(insert sarcasm here)... My guess is that you should follow the wires/cables and see what they connect to. You might answer your own question or it will at very least give us a little more info to formulate an educated guess... just my 2cents.

Btw, welcome from your neighboring state of Nuevo Mexico!

EDIT: You beat me to the punch with tracing the wires... Carry on!

Last edited:

BEASTMASTER

hey, I was enjoying all the incorrect answers ,and as everyone else, I didn't see the little circle either. how about cutting us some slack????? enjoy life..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks