• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this line on the air compressor?

Ineedatruck

I bought a truck recently and some of the air hoses on the air compressor were disconnected. There is one small metal line at the front of the compressor near the radiator that is broken. I attached a picture. What is this line my finger is touching? What actions should I take? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Ronmar

Thats an oil line... it should be connected to a oil port on the engine block to provide lube oil to the compressor... hope the engine is OK...

Ineedatruck

Thats an oil line... it should be connected to a oil port on the engine block to provide lube oil to the compressor... hope the engine is OK...
Thanks Ronmar. The oil in the truck looks good and, I didn’t see any residue on the truck from losing oil. Still it is a mystery why the broken fitting wasn’t replaced and some lines were left disconnected. The truck is intact with only a door latch missing.

What do you recommend I do? One of the 4 batteries is dead.

Ronmar

Thanks Ronmar. The oil in the truck looks good and, I didn’t see any residue on the truck from losing oil. Still it is a mystery why the broken fitting wasn’t replaced and some lines were left disconnected. The truck is intact with only a door latch missing.

What do you recommend I do? One of the 4 batteries is dead.
Find the other end of that line and insure it is connected to the port on the block, and not disconnected and plugged... then see if oil comes out of it when you crank the engine, then re-connect it to the compressor. I was looking in the 24P manual to see where it is connected but didn’t find it, will have to go look on my truck...

edit: that line runs around behind the compressor to the oil manifold where the oil pressure gauge sender and pressure switch sample oil pressure.

You can crank the engine without starting it by pushing the start inhibit button on the left of the power panel after you turn on the main switch...

The 4 battery bank is gross milspec overkill and really hard on the alternator, which wasn’t sized for that size battery bank until the 260A found on the A1R. This is the main reason why these rigs have so many battery and alt issues. The good news is You only need 2 batteries, and 2 is a much better match for the alternator.

pick your best 2 batts and install one in an inner(closer to frame) and one in an outer position. Then you can tape over unused connections, or since these harnesses are modular, it is really easy to remove the jumpers and the unused connections. That is what I did, I run a pair of group 31 batteries in mine...

Last edited:

Ineedatruck

Find the other end of that line and insure it is connected to the port on the block, and not disconnected and plugged... then see if oil comes out of it when you crank the engine, then re-connect it to the compressor. I was looking in the 24P manual to see where it is connected but didn’t find it, will have to go look on my truck...

edit: that line runs around behind the compressor to the oil manifold where the oil pressure gauge sender and pressure switch sample oil pressure.

You can crank the engine without starting it by pushing the start inhibit button on the left of the power panel after you turn on the main switch...

The 4 battery bank is gross milspec overkill and really hard on the alternator, which wasn’t sized for that size battery bank until the 260A found on the A1R. This is the main reason why these rigs have so many battery and alt issues. The good news is You only need 2 batteries, and 2 is a much better match for the alternator.

pick your best 2 batts and install one in an inner(closer to frame) and one in an outer position. Then you can tape over unused connections, or since these harnesses are modular, it is really easy to remove the jumpers and the unused connections. That is what I did, I run a pair of group 31 batteries in mine...

Thanks again Ronmar. I appreciate you for taking the time to help me.

I was able to find a few drawings that show how two batteries are connected.

Thanks,
Paul

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks