• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this?? M1009

pinwormfood

hi guys, i have a question about a relay or solenoid of some sort that is attached to the firewall of my 1009. it sits to the left of the brake reservoir assembly. the reason i ask, is that I was having some work done on my truck....the radio and a cb....and when turning the key on, the truck voltage was very low, then this thing made some real long funny grinding or groaning noise, then the voltage (lights) got higher.brighter. any ideas as to why this thing makes the noise it does and then wy my lights get brighter after this thing groans...

not to mention, no i have a gen 1 charging problem. i swapped out the gen and now with key on, i am not getting any voltage to the exciter wire...and my gen 1 light is now not coming on at key on. the bulb is good. i installed a known good one. thanks fellas.

Attachments

pinwormfood

can you guys explain to me why it should be replaced? is mine bad, or are they typically defective? i think i remember an article on here about it, but that might have been about changing stater relay getting stuck on.

True Knight

I say charge up both batteries really well and see how it works first. To me it sounds like the relay doesn't have enuf power to stay engaged.

But I changed my glow plug relay because one of the terminals broke on the inside.

erniemigi

I say charge up both batteries really well and see how it works first. To me it sounds like the relay doesn't have enuf power to stay engaged.

But I changed my glow plug relay because one of the terminals broke on the inside.
ditto, if you have both batts fully charged and it's still giving you probs then change it out, by looking at the pic i would say you really need to clean it up real well as the electrical contacts r getting coated it is going to give you problems, as that is being the original relay it is just a matter of time before it goes out on you, at least have one in your truck as a back up, by the way pay attention to where the wires r connected as the drawing in the TMs is wrong