• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this? Military Ambulance? Dodge?

Lust4GreenSteel

I am relatively new to this addiction - thus not really up to speed on what is what.

Friends who know of my addiction told me to check out this vehicle which is located about a hundred miles from where I live. They know even less than I do, so the pictures don't show much detail and no one has talked to the owner about whether or not it is for sale. It looks a little rough to my untrained eye, but if it would happen to run........???

Attachments

FrankUSMC

That one is rough, would make a good parts truck if you can get it cheap. Looks to have a lot of rust in seams at the roof area, that is common, but that one looks like there is a lot of it. With the back doors gone, it would be a parts truck. But, anyting can be restored if you throw enough money and time at it.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

135gmc

Engine and drive train parts are common to all the M37/42/43 series, but the ambulance interior parts can be difficult to track down. As I recall, one of the hardest to find is the box ceiling since it's basically a 5 ft wide piece of Masonite - and just try to find 5 foot wide Masonite. The interior lights, etc show up on e-bay, but the ceiling is hard to find, and a lot harder to ship than a light fixture.

The rear doors will also be darn near impossible to find. Frank's right - it is a parts donor instead of a restorable vehicle.

gerrykan

If the town where it is located name starts with a B, it has been advertised on craigslist with the astronomical price of $8500.

It should be a nice original, or restored for that price. That's my opinion.