• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this mount on my fender?

Scarecrow1

I agree with wreckerman If you look you can see crack on the corner of the fender. If it was flapping in the wind and cracking the fender this may have been a temporary fix. Of course they could have put it on the bottom to hide it better. I know of nothing that could have been another reason for it.

XchaosX

I've been scratching my heading trying to figure out what it is. It could be a brace,there is a small stress crack on the outside corner as you can see in the pic. I plan welding back together. Are the fenders known to stress crack?

searls84

Both my deuces had cracks in that exact spot. If you decide to weld the crack BE CAREFUL! I welded them on my tan deuce and the whole fender caught fire! I guess there is/was some kind of under coating on the backside that decided it didn't like heat! I dont think that part is a brace for fender support. If you think about it, the center portion being cut the way it is would allow that piece to bend at the top, acting like a hinge in a sense, so it would add no extra integrity to downward pressures on the fender. If the sides were solid I might be inclined to agree with the fender support theory. Just my opinion.

XchaosX

Thanks for heads up searls on welding the fender, ill make sure I have water close by. I have a smaller crack on driver side fender but on inside. Wow, they make diesel fired left handed smoke shifter? Ive been searching all these years just for a manuel one.

m816

We have one in stock and we will be bringing it to the MTA Show in Sussex County this weekend. Pick up at the show only, No shipping.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks