• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this part on my m923a2

6x6junkie

Passenger-side front of air tank has wire and is threaded directly into tank cannot find part number on unit at all been through both of the manuals cannot find a part number to locate this unit any info would be greatly appreciated Have also looked on different trucks in the area six of them and they have a different set up mine does not have a winch or anything crazy just a standard cargo truck

Attachments

therooster2001

My god, I searched for 45 min. I found it in the TM's, but it doesn't label it. My truck is 20 miles away, what's the other end connect to?

And what's the color in those Picts? It looks like it had an oil bath..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453047538.779841.jpg

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
looks like an automatic drain valve for moisture with the heated element but I was not aware that the A2's were equipped with one...?

6x6junkie

the thing that kills me is it is not in the parts book to get the part # to get a new one its letting air buypass it and not letting it build if I shut the valve it builds

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the thing that kills me is it is not in the parts book to get the part # to get a new one its letting air buypass it and not letting it build if I shut the valve it builds

I was very curious myself and spent time in the newer series 3 part tm of parts and the 5 part -23 service/repair. I could not find it at all. All I found was in the newer -10 the same diagram the rooster2001 posted.

tbar123

To me it looks like a pressure regulator! What does the air line feed? Something also unusual? Or specific for certain trucks!

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That sure looks like it.

The P2P software does not show it in the electrical diagram nor is it in the pneumatic.

It would be neat to add in.

6x6junkie; what is the routing of those air lines? Is one back to the drain tree? Other one? Could you post more pics?

Interesting that one hose looks like stratoflex fiber covered not the traditional hard nylon air brake tubing?

Pulling power and ground is easy. I would say you could Y off the heater in the drier as the closest.

Last edited:

therooster2001

So I checked mine out, nothing but a connector on the bottom of the tank, to the drain valves by the stairs. Maybe using the updated TM doesn't always help.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453611992.751816.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks