• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this part? / What fluid goes here?

davidb56

lube oil and viscosity
and you are correct, yellow metal safe
View attachment 845777
Thats a Viscosity chart. we can add corn syrup to that chart too. Gear oil and motor oil are similar but have different additives for different applications, such as foaming, rust preventative, stickiness, for gears, then there are detergents for engine oils, etc.

ToddJK

I got it! I didn't have the Adobe app. Took me a while to figure that out, lol. I now realized my son knows more about all this technology stuff than I do and he's only 10 😂

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I can't open or view any file like that, says it can't open file after it downloads. It's probably my phone. It's 5 years old now, so technically it's outdated, lmao.
Might be, but chances are that at some point in time you said yes to something on your phone that you didn't intend to. That deal where sometimes you try to open a file - and being helpful - you phone will give you several choices for "what app" you want to use to open a file with... AND then your phone helps you even more with "always open" this type of file with this app.

It will drive you absolutely insane!

There are ways to pick the default application. That can be an aggravating thing but still possible.

I think the easiest FIX for your particular problem - trying to open a PDF - would be installing a new version of the free Adobe Acrobat Reader. The installation will set PDFs to open with Acrobat (which is what you need). Costs nothing to download. Definitely worth trying and if you want a little more help let me know what kind of phone you have an maybe we talk in person. Maybe a PM so your phone number isn't hanging out there in public...

EDIT: Seems like you found a solution. Good for you! Yep, sometimes bringing in the "Big Guns" (the ten year olds) are required. :cool:

ToddJK

Might be, but chances are that at some point in time you said yes to something on your phone that you didn't intend to. That deal where sometimes you try to open a file - and being helpful - you phone will give you several choices for "what app" you want to use to open a file with... AND then your phone helps you even more with "always open" this type of file with this app.

It will drive you absolutely insane!

There are ways to pick the default application. That can be an aggravating thing but still possible.

I think the easiest FIX for your particular problem - trying to open a PDF - would be installing a new version of the free Adobe Acrobat Reader. The installation will set PDFs to open with Acrobat (which is what you need). Costs nothing to download. Definitely worth trying and if you want a little more help let me know what kind of phone you have an maybe we talk in person. Maybe a PM so your phone number isn't hanging out there in public...

EDIT: Seems like you found a solution. Good for you! Yep, sometimes bringing in the "Big Guns" (the ten year olds) are required. :cool:
Haha, yup!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks