• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this part?

Armada

Sorry, no pics. I pulled off a short 'harness' from my 1009 that runs from the postive bus bar to the negative bus bar on the firewall in the engine compartment.
It's about 3-4 inches long and has an eyelet for mounting each end to the bus bar. It's almost like a ground strap, but there are 3 wires running from end to end, with a resistor of some sort on each wire. It was wrapped in electrical tape and had a part # tag on it, p/n 15599225.
One of the wires is broken on it.
What does this do? It it some sort of RFI/noise supressor? Do I need it? If so, where can I get another? It's discontinued at the dealership, and the auto parts store has no clue.
Thanks.

Armada

After further research, the part is a suppressor according to the schematic. Must be for noise I'm guessing. It is removed and it has no effect on starting/running. My starter relay went south so the starting problem is now fixed. The voltmeter failed at the same time too, and after some circuit testing, the ignition fuse was loose. Fixed the terminal for the fuse now voltmeter works again.
Also had taken the starter in for a rebuild. Shop said it was the original and had never been opened up. It was worn out internally, even though it was still starting the engine. They did a complete rebuild on the starter. Everything works great now. Should have no problems with the starting circuit now, especially when the cold weather gets here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks