• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this strap for?

79f250guy

I hate to be lazy but I've been thumbing through the parts TM's and have't been able to find it and I'm sure someone knows right off the top of their head. What is this strap behind the driver seat for? Many thanks

IMG_0284.jpg

DainGerous

Is that the rear driver side footwell? Then it's a hold down for emergency triangle road reflector/jack/etc. Looks like both parts there. Slips through slot in insulation.

79f250guy

Is that the rear driver side footwell? Then it's a hold down for emergency triangle road reflector/jack/etc. Looks like both parts there. Slips through slot in insulation.
Ah cool so a hold down for like one of these kits? I believe I have one laying around I'll throw in there if that's what's supposed to be there...

triangle.jpg

Wire Fox

Ah cool so a hold down for like one of these kits? I believe I have one laying around I'll throw in there if that's what's supposed to be there...

View attachment 670816
Yup, that thing. My HMMWV came with a very dry-rotted, cracked version of that same kit just tumbling around behind the driver's seat. I, too, was curious about that strap and I remember the manual officially calls it the jack strap. I dug it up out of the -10 right now and it officially says that strap is only for the M1097. It definitely isn't the first part I've found on my HMMWV that says it's M1097-only... Actually, with mine as an A1, my jack SHOULD have been mounted inside the engine bay in a jack mount box. I saw no such box and my jack was actually located under one of the rear seat boxes.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wonder if that is shown in the BII in the -10TM.

79f250guy

I wonder if that is shown in the BII in the -10TM.
I Just looked it is not on the BII but it shows it on the AAL. The BII says that jack can be mounted under the driver or comander seat on a 2 door which this originally was but but that strap is not easily accessible s I think they would mean right under the seat. In the 4 man config the BII says jack under rear seats(exceptNNN,HVY,“A1” and “A2” vehicles) so I would imagine that the strap is for the triangles but not 100% but works great for them.