• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this truck?

I've never seen 24 inch wheels. Is this a stock tractor? Looks like a V8 too.

Attachments

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't know make. 10 Ton something, in the Prime Mover catagory. Early - in the 50's? Is it a gasser? They used 24" wheels on road graders, and such

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
M123 10 Ton. amgeneral on here (SS) is the local resident expert and has had two or three of them. They are unstoppable, slow gas hogs!! If you could find a way to hook the Washington Monument to it I bet she could move it...LOL

AMGeneral

M123A1C 10 ton tractor in stock form,originally designed to pull the M15A2,M163,and M172 trailers,in later years it also towed the M747 trailer as well.

Powered by a Cummins V8-300 normally aspirated V8 diesel,785 cubic inches,rated max RPM of 3000.

Backed up by a Mack TRDX 72 transmission with 5 forward speeds,1 reverse,with a high and low range intergrated in the transmission.

Both front and rear axles are made by Mack trucks(the original designer of the truck) with a 10.11 to1 ratio.

top speed or 43.9 mph @3000 rpm.

Originally designed to transport tanks.heavy equipment,etc.

Big,heavy,slow,difficult to drive,parts are dang near impossible to find anymore.

Manufactured by both Mack trucks and Consolidated Diesel Electric corp.(CONDEC)

Total prodiction,around 4000 trucks from 1954 to 1969.

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
:tigger:

I wish I could find David Doyle's narrative about driving an M123 a few hundred miles.....it was funny and ended with "I would have traded it for a bus ticket".

My scrapper buddy has two M123's and a M125, all in rough shape. He told me they are part of his emergency cash fund if he needs a lot of scrap at once.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks