• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this USMC trailer, and it's use?

Guyfang

Staff member
I worked on something very similar here in Germany. The boxes held mast section tubes, and the reels held the cables for the antennas that were mounted on top of the masts. The mast base and assorted crap were mounted in the middle. The base was erected by hand, and staked down. The tubes were inserted into the base piece, and ratcheted up, until there was room for the next tube. Every so often there was a "collar" attached to a tube mast section, for guy wires to keep the whole thing in the air without it falling on our heads.

NovacaineFix

Looks to me like a makeshift fire pumper or hose reel trailer for extending the hose reach for a pumper truck.

Camp Pendleton has some very remote buildings, so that would be my estimated guess.
The reel on the back looks like a hose reel, but if not for firehose then some sort of hose. Doesn't look big enough to be a field tender for equipment, that and it doesn't have any tanks for fluids, so again my guess would be for some sort of fire use

Guyfang

Staff member
If you can give me the information off all the data plates, I can look it up. There should be data plates for the trailer, M116A3, and another for what ever the unit became after melding the trailer and the "special" added equipment.

NEIOWA

Looks to me like a makeshift fire pumper or hose reel trailer for extending the hose reach for a pumper truck.

Camp Pendleton has some very remote buildings, so that would be my estimated guess.
The reel on the back looks like a hose reel, but if not for firehose then some sort of hose. Doesn't look big enough to be a field tender for equipment, that and it doesn't have any tanks for fluids, so again my guess would be for some sort of fire use
1% (or less) chance. Reel too small to be useful for any fire hose. Go with explanation from Guy.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well it has the hat channel that gensets usually mount to and those spools on the front are used for cable. I'm not sure what the long boxes would contain, but I guess masts could work.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I had one like it and was for an antenna, there had been a generator on it that was removed before being surplussed mounted on the hat channels like Gimp said. All I have left of it are those channels and the brackets for the reels.

Guyfang

Staff member
I had one like it and was for an antenna, there had been a generator on it that was removed before being surplussed mounted on the hat channels like Gimp said. All I have left of it are those channels and the brackets for the reels.
Do You Have The Dataplate? Now I am intrested in just what its all about. Like I said, I worked on something like this here in germany, at the 173rd ABN, when they were in Bamberg. With a NSN I can take a closer look see at it.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
No plate, mine came with 2 other USMC generator trailers in one lot and only had M116A3 plates on them except this other aluminum decked one with a "marcorsyscom" plate which I posted back then (20120) that never got a reply.
marcorsyscom.jpg marcorsyscom1.jpg It had 6 reel holders but 2 that were on the front I removed before picture was taken. marcorsyscom2.jpg
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?90324-Usmc-m116a3-marcorsyscom

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks