• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this ?

swabbie

In a large box included with an M998 I purchased, were some items that are unidentified, at least to me.
In addition to what is in the photo, is what I think is an aluminum divider about 6' 6" long by 1' wide.
The greatest mystery is the very heavy cable, about 30-35 lbs and has a large single pin in either end.
under the screw on covers. Any idea where to liquidate these things?

Attachments

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is you looking a gift horse of over $1000 in the mouth.

That is a NATO power cable that allows you to jump or get jumped from a 24V vehicle with a NATO plug m($100-$200), AND a very expensive spare EESS ($800-$1000 if it works) that allows you to power up the vehicle and activate the glow plugs and such (without an EESS/PCB, your rig won't work).

The divider is maybe $300-500 IF it has the side brackets. The cable might be for a MRE rations heater IIRC. Maybe $30-$75.

DREDnot

Yes. Quite a nice gift. All that stuff is good to have on hand.
That "Slave" cable is basically a universal military jumper cable and very expensive the longer it is.
The start box as well. Hard to find now-a-days and spendy when you do find one.
The long plank sounds like the 2 man cargo bulkhead. Handy to have if you need to load humvee tires into a pickup.

Ajax MD

In a large box included with an M998 I purchased, were some items that are unidentified, at least to me.
In addition to what is in the photo, is what I think is an aluminum divider about 6' 6" long by 1' wide.
The greatest mystery is the very heavy cable, about 30-35 lbs and has a large single pin in either end.
under the screw on covers. Any idea where to liquidate these things?
I give you $25 for that junk. ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks