• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this???

branbell

Hey all,

Was wondering if anyone knows what part this is?

Screenshot_22.png

I have 3 wires that hang in that spot and look just like that wire loom - I found this from an episode of Dirt Everyday where they were building a humvee.

This will most likely answer my mystery wires!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hey all,

Was wondering if anyone knows what part this is?

View attachment 867312

I have 3 wires that hang in that spot and look just like that wire loom - I found this from an episode of Dirt Everyday where they were building a humvee.

This will most likely answer my mystery wires!
Infrared light Controller. It's written right on it.

Attachments

branbell

They are universal kits added for more supplemental IR led lights. Lights are small. Do you have any supplemental lights on your grill or hood?
Hey Juan,

Thanks for the response - I don't have any other lights besides the black out light on the front.

However, there is a bracket on the hood that looks like it would hold some lights but there is nothing there and I've been wondering what it was for as well.

That bracket is located right above the grill for the radiator.

FlameRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw that episode. Let one of us mere mortals go up to GovPlanet without a camera crew and take one of their "like" brand new trucks offsite without a license plate, and defacing it with graffiti and take it for a test drive!

We would still be rotting in jail...

My wife tried to look that particular auction number up and it was non-existent. We did get a hit for the auction number from the show itself.

branbell

I saw that episode. Let one of us mere mortals go up to GovPlanet without a camera crew and take one of their "like" brand new trucks offsite without a license plate, and defacing it with graffiti and take it for a test drive!

We would still be rotting in jail...

My wife tried to look that particular auction number up and it was non-existent. We did get a hit for the auction number from the show itself.
Yea...woudn't that be nice.

I bet it was more of a marketing thing for GovPlanet.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Juan,

Thanks for the response - I don't have any other lights besides the black out light on the front.

However, there is a bracket on the hood that looks like it would hold some lights but there is nothing there and I've been wondering what it was for as well.

That bracket is located right above the grill for the radiator.
That bracket is probably it. They were typically black and slighly triangular irregular shape. Post pic of bracket. I can't remember the name of the company who made them so I could post pics of the lights.

branbell

That bracket is probably it. They were typically black and slighly triangular irregular shape. Post pic of bracket. I can't remember the name of the company who made them so I could post pics of the lights.
This is the only pic I have on my phone that shows it - I can take another later if you need something better to look at.20220511_113041.jpg

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure as that is not the one I was thinking of. Some hoods from the sandbox have a bracket there to attach a thermal id panel but that is not it.

I would be curious to see a close up pic.

That was done as a unit/field mod and not a common practice.

branbell

Not sure as that is not the one I was thinking of. Some hoods from the sandbox have a bracket there to attach a thermal id panel but that is not it.

I would be curious to see a close up pic.

That was done as a unit/field mod and not a common practice.
Finally remembered to grab some pics of that bracket - after searching some of the numbers on it, it seems to be an electronic ID tag20220514_112158.jpg20220514_112218.jpg20220514_112205.jpg20220514_112212.jpg