• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this?

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A friend has a plastic "sign" looking thing that has what looks like 3 flat green bowling pins that are ~3 foot in length. They are attached at the bottom and can fan out. I saw these somewhere on here but now I cannot find them. I thought they were some kind of signaling device. Sorry no PICs of it.

KsM715

they go on top of a few sections of aluminium or fiberglass tubing to make the poles and hold up the netting and the edges of the netting is staked down. If anyone has some hex or diamond of netting Id like to buy some for camping. Makes a great shaded area when your in an area with no trees.

Last edited:

KsM715

Ive got some pics of our (USAF TACP) set up out at NTC but the darndest thing, from where I took the pics, you cant see it. yes guys Army was not happy that we (USAF)could set up better camo around our vehicles than they could.:-D (all in fun)

KsM715

Wish GL would break up those lots. I dont need and cant affoard to buy 247 sets of those just a half dozen or so

maybefixit

I bought 2 sets of those to use as improvised field antenna masts for Ham Radio use. Always thought the 'bases' were too filmsy. Now I understand to rig up a baseplate and be all set!

BTW - Apparently those come in aluminum and also a fiberglass version (I got one set of each at the Dayton Hamvention last year).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks