• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What jack went with the M35A2?

moreorles2

FrankUSMC said:
What is the correct jack for our trucks? Is it a bottle jack or a big scissor jack?
Thanks!
One of the few, Frank
:lol:

Frank- Appendix B of the Dash 10 (operators manual) lists all the basic issue items that should be in your tool box and details the bottle jack. Now, if an unscrupulous US Army soldier transferred this vehicle to the USMC without a complete basic issue, I'm sure that it is an oversight that can be corrected. If it came from the USN- that is a different story..... :)
Army Strong !

M35A2 Bottle Jack Wanted

Does anyone have a surplus bottle jack for sale?

I looked at buying a new one off of amazon.com but cant find any with the right operating range.

papercu

right operating range
Check with your local parts supply or big truck supply, shipping would run the price up.
If using a bottle jack, remember you will still need something else as a spacer to get it high enough.
A jack is only needed for the front (for flats) and even then, if you are just changing/replacing the front tires there are others ways.
There is a FM for Field Recovery/Repair that should be required reading.
NEVER TRUST ANYTHING you use if you need to get under the truck with a wheel off. Wayne

emr

They come with the 6 or 8 ton since roughly the 80's, a guess, but before that standard was the 6 ton narrow tall jack for those OD 24087 guys, Many of the older trucks still have em I have noticed alot, that is if they were not taken ...I have seen many 5 tons with 8 or 12 ton bottle jacks,

AndrewH

So you're saying the "Mack" brand one in my truck is not original? It is not green, dead giveaway! It works well. I'll stick with it! -Andrew

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks