• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What kind of trailer?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Keith, if that is close to us, I would be interested if your not. You don't plan on using that with your m37 do you? I think that is for a 5ton.

Mike_Pop

It's bascially an M1061 5ton trailer with a dropped deck. I had two of them, sold one to Cabell. The data plate that I had on both of mine said it was a TR-100 trailer. These are very heavy and you need a deuce or bigger to pull them. They can get squirrely on the road also because the tonge is short.

amanco

So what is the tare weight of this trailer? Every one is saying " better use a 5 ton" and maybe the photo is deceiving, but it doesn't look like it is 40 foot long or made of 18" I-Beams. I just on occasion have been known to need a similar trailer for hauling various items, be it OD or non OD and thought that a GL buy may be cheaper and better than a civi trailer with similar or equal capabilities. How about a GVW of this trailer? Those aren't duelies on there like the water buffalo.
I don't know where there is one for sale. Just wanted to know what to look for when one comes available. Looks like I will have to wait till gimpyrobb gets his first though. :( No I wouldn't pull it with the M37. Brakes are lucky to stop the truck itself, I couldn't imagine pulling a trailer with any weight in it.
My '68 Dodge Super Bee had better brakes than the M37 at about a third of the weight. I would like to get that front disc break conversion just for sanity sake. I am always so cautious driving, I couldn't imagine running over a child.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am picking a similar one up from n3uka in MD this month - it's an XM1061E1, ex-laundry trailer with all the stuff taken off. Gonna use it for hauling the jeep back and forth to rallies behind the deuce.

Attachments

Mike_Pop

Empty weight is around 5,000 lbs. It is made with some very heavy steel C channel. I recall that the deck is 1/4" thick. The axles are very heavy as well.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I seem to remember 10K# GVW.... We'd load 2 600 gallon fuel pods on them, or the ROWPUs or laundry stuff on them. They are HEAVY trailers.. I'd say 15 feet long or so....

M1075

For most military trailers, there is no civilian equivalent. Military trailers are typically heavy, short, tall, and offroad capable. Civy trailers are light, long, low and run down the road well.

amanco

Looks like a variation of the M1061A1 Trailer with a GVW of 10,000 LBS. which is exactly what I was looking for. I would rather go with too much capacity than not enough. Easier on the the trailer. Probably not feasible though because I am sure it has air actuated breakes. I would have to junk the axles and mount civi versions with electric breaking. An 800 series truck won't fit in my wife's vision of the near future :cry: That would be the best prime mover. Just hook up and go! Maybe some day, the glass is always half full! Thanks so much for the replies!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks