• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What model K5 Blazer is the M1009?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And occasionally I also use the, I-bahn, Info Strada, Net, WWW, Web, World Wide Web, information superhighway, National Information Infrastructure, cyberspace, data highway,

Chaos333

I like how the government found the CUCV program unsuccessful. You can buy every model of CUCV for the price of one HMMWV! Of course as long as we are talking non-combat role. I wouldn't want to be getting shot at in a K5 Blazer...bad time to snap a 10-bolt!!!
I was in the Army at the end of the main transition and I was licensed on the M1009, M1008 and the M998, M1038 HMMWV. It was a big transition since we had the M1008, M1009 with the RT524 radio and we now had the M998, M1038 and the new commo system SINCGARS. It was a MAJOR upgrade. The ability to mount a .50 cal or Mk19 on the roof was a bonus and it was awesome.

In my opinion the M1008 and M1009 were good vehicles but they were just not able to meet the needs of our ground forces and the Hmmwv is just a far superior military vehicle.

As far mechanical problems the HMMWV is a little better but it still had problems but the M1009/M1008 are a little easier to work on.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks