• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What modifications should I do for my 1009?

Keith_J

Cliff, you would have to fill the bed of the 1028 with unmarked random US currency to get me to spin wrenches today. Not only did we work on Tim's 1009, I spent the better part of the day wrenching on my civy wheels. Lower control arm bushings on a VW Mk IV. One of the captive nuts welded INSIDE the sub frame broke loose so I had to cut a wrench window. Underneath the vehicle. It was not fun, I had metal swarf in my ears. Still not feeling normal.

Oh yes, did a brake friction surface swap while I was at it.

cliffyp

Sounds like your having a busy weekend. I hope you stop to eat some turkey. If my 1028 had a bed full of unmarked currency I'm sure I'd be headed somewhere, probably not SA though. Maybe early retirement on a Mexican beach!!!

Keith_J

The rest of the week is for ME ;). No shopping, no wrenching, no welding. Eat, drink and SLEEP. Oh, and hunt.

Next week we can repair the scratches and rust on the metal. Won't be pretty with that red primer but it will be ready for paint. Before ANY painting, the body work has to be done. Combination of stud gun and slide hammer and hammer-dolly should get it looking good. Expect about a week of that drudgery. If the weather holds over Christmas Break, we might paint then.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't forget there are still some M37 issues. Timbo can't get all the attention. I might start feeling neglected.

Keith_J

I nearly have the turn signal wiring diagram memorized. Going to be rough on the neck getting to the flasher relay. We can work on it when Tim is busy with his most important role.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks